Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Garmin 64 is hard to see is some light conditions - and splits AZ and CA into different regions - so I have to use two different map cards to make it work. I’m in Yuma AZ for the winter and wonder between the two states frequently. Often when fishing the Colorado River I’m in both states on the same day!

Just used this phone and computer based program today and it was slick as heck. I bought the $20 per year subscription and could download my route and use it without cell service while checking out some ATV routes today.

Is anybody using Gaia? Or any other type of phone based nav that allows downloads and off the grid guidance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
733 Posts
Gaia is one but there are several others. Do you have an Apple or Android?

Most of us who ride Hatfield McCoy use Android tablets with either Orux or Back Country Navigator. Or for iOS there is Gaia, Motion X and one other I can't remember.

Yeah, way easier to see on a big 10" tablet than a 5" GPS screen.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Gnj1501, I see you are an iPhone user. I started using LeadNav in January on my iPhone and quickly moved to my iPad Air for the large screen. It's only for iOS devices and on the iPad it totally rocks. These guys build this app for military and off-road race teams and you can purchase a lower tier subscription package for more casual use. The best way to get a feel for the app is to check out some of the training video's, here's a link. Here's a screenshot of a route that I just built within the app on the iPad.

I ordered a Ram mount and will be installing it in the center top of the dash, where the center cubby is currently located. We just got back from Quartzsite, AZ and used in on the trails there. The offline map options and guidance are great.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts