Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did some dinking around and got it figured out finally. Gonna test the setup for a bit and make sure no problems arise. Wife is thrilled to be able to see again and knowing when to brace for bumps.

Hopefully offer the service plus an intermittent wiper which I've been testing and has been working great on 2 machines since last year.

Will post more info if all goes well.

Thanks
Dennis
[email protected]

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just ordered the factory kit. It would be nice to have the mod done before I install it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
Went riding today, mud ,snow , dust, I could see fine with washer and wiper, but my wife says “can you see where we are going” need the full swipe!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, got shop time figured out and with priority mail return shipping. Email me at [email protected] for my shipping info to send in the Polaris wiper motor assembly. I'll need just the motor box and you can leave on the 2 large aluminum nuts, they will be returned to their exact position once reassembled.

Mods include full sweep of wiper, drilling of proper drain holes, foam install to quiet the rattling noise of plastic box against the motor, and stopping the corrosion of the gear case caused by the improper drain hole location. Box will be silicone sealed to stop any additional water/fluid from getting in. Cost is $80, tat will be less than 2 weeks. I'll need to know which glass you have, tip out or lock and ride. There are 2 thin black self adhesive wedges, that you will install once returned, on the blacked out edge areas of your windshield that prevent premature wearing out of your wiper blade in spots. You may also install a 15 inch blade, versus the 13 inch supplied one as well for additional cleaned area.

If anyone wants the interm. wiper installed at the same time, its an additional $90 and mounts right inside the motor box with an external box mounted knob on it. Wiper can be set from 5 to 30 seconds and its independent from the dash switch with its own on/off detent. Which means if you turn on the Polaris switch it overrides the circuit and operates as normal, switching off it reverts back to the interm. circuit until it too is shut off. Circuit card and components are fully water proofed before install.

You must preorder this option a month in advance so I'm sure I have the materials on hand so I can do a quick turn around for you. No more feeling around for your wiper switch while driving just to flick it once every minute or so. This price is good only if getting the full sweep mod done at the same time.

I look forward to helping you all enjoy your riding experience to its fullest and making it better for your passengers as well.

Thanks,
Dennis

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ok, got shop time figured out and with priority mail return shipping. Email me at [email protected] for my shipping info to send in the Polaris wiper motor assembly. I'll need just the motor box and you can leave on the 2 large aluminum nuts, they will be returned to their exact position once reassembled.

Mods include full sweep of wiper, drilling of proper drain holes, foam install to quiet the rattling noise of plastic box against the motor, and stopping the corrosion of the gear case caused by the improper drain hole location. Box will be silicone sealed to stop any additional water/fluid from getting in. Cost is $80, tat will be less than 2 weeks. I'll need to know which glass you have, tip out or lock and ride. There are 2 thin black self adhesive wedges, that you will install once returned, on the blacked out edge areas of your windshield that prevent premature wearing out of your wiper blade in spots. You may also install a 15 inch blade, versus the 13 inch supplied one as well for additional cleaned area.

If anyone wants the interm. wiper installed at the same time, its an additional $90 and mounts right inside the motor box with an external box mounted knob on it. Wiper can be set from 5 to 30 seconds and its independent from the dash switch with its own on/off detent. Which means if you turn on the Polaris switch it overrides the circuit and operates as normal, switching off it reverts back to the interm. circuit until it too is shut off. Circuit card and components are fully water proofed before install.

You must preorder this option a month in advance so I'm sure I have the materials on hand so I can do a quick turn around for you. No more feeling around for your wiper switch while driving just to flick it once every minute or so. This price is good only if getting the full sweep mod done at the same time.

I look forward to helping you all enjoy your riding experience to its fullest and making it better for your passengers as well.

Thanks,
Dennis
I'm looking to get this done on my wiper kit but later this year if you are still available to do both upgrades, too late for this season
Roger 2018 Polaris General Deluxe Ride Command

·
Registered
234 Posts
Dennis, I have the factory inside rear view mirror and MTX soundbar on my '19 General Ride Command addition. When doing the delay mod, where does the added wiper switch get mounted?
When I mounted the Polaris wiper, instructions said said to notch the housing on the factory soundbar and move the mirror to the right for the mirror to clear the wiper motor. If the delay knob is mounted straight down or on the back of the motor, clearance would be fine. If the knob is mounted to the right of the motor, there would be an interference with the mirror.
I look forward to sending my motor in for the full sweep mod and the wiper delay upgrade.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This will be an ongoing thing so I anticipate doing these as long as there is a demand. The wiper delay knob is sticking straight out of the motor box facing the rear of the machine. I too have a 2019 with your exact setup and there are no clearance issues, it is easy to find and adjust while driving so your eyes never leave the trail.

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Dennis I need this modification. I will email you.

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
Dennis, could you add another pic that shows your intermittent wiper knob, where it's located.

Thanks,

Pirate

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
So if you have the knob all the way one way, the wiper is off? Or just no intermittent but responds to the wiper dash switch. And all the way the other way...you have a relatively fast moving intermittent wiper?

Thanks,

Pirate

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It has an on/off detent built into it, you dont have to turn the dash switch on to run it the way I wire it. If you do turn on the hi or lo dash switch setting it overrides the wiper delay and runs as normal. Turning off the dash switch and it will revert to delay if it's still on, until you turn off the knob detent.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hats off to Dennis! Sent my wiper out to him and it works as it should! Great turn around time and now the wife can see! Thanks Dennis! Great work!

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Dennis, my apologies, I totally forgot to follow up on the wiper modification you did for me.

I sent my wiper to Dennis to increase the sweep and add the intermittent control. Turn around time was exactly as Dennis promised and I am very happy with Dennis' work. I did add the 15" blade afterwards as per Dennis' recommendation. The intermittent feature is a must have. Great job Dennis and thank you.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks again guys, just trying to make everyone's ride more enjoyable for all. Modifications still going on and I have a new batch of wiper delay circuit cards I'm waterproofing for use now so email me at [email protected] for my shipping info.
Dennis

1 - 20 of 28 Posts