Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any ideas and recommendations on aftermarket full Windshields? I have the Polaris Half Windshield now but thinking about a full windshield till weather gets a little warmer.
EMP has the only one I have seen on here.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
30 Posts
ATV and UTV Accessories : ATV Wheels and Tires : Super ATV LLC seems to have a full windshield pretty reasonably priced. I am not sure about the quality though.

How do you find the half windshield works? That's what I have ordered on my machine. When I test drove the machine the half windshields was not installed yet, so I haven't gotten the chance to test it out yet. Still waiting for my trailer to be built before I can pick it up.

I have a question... is it true that if you have a front windshield and the rear panel installed that it creates somewhat of a wind tunnel in the cab?

·
Registered
291 Posts
If you have the front windshield on, you must also have the rear on also if you're riding in dusty conditions. If ya don't have the rear, the the dust will swirl in through the rear 10 fold. :|

·
Registered
197 Posts
Someone makes a split windshield and I cant find it again. Its a full shield with a removable top to convert it to a half shield. I think it even had a gap between them that helped with dust. Anyone seen it? I saw it and really liked it......but for the life of me I cant find it again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the full glass front and rear windshield on mine. It was a little more than the plastic but I think it is worth it. It can be cleaned on the trail without a lot of worry about scratching it. I just ordered a half front windshield and was wondering if I should remove the rear window when I have the half one on??

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have the full glass front and rear windshield on mine. It was a little more than the plastic but I think it is worth it. It can be cleaned on the trail without a lot of worry about scratching it. I just ordered a half front windshield and was wondering if I should remove the rear window when I have the half one on??
If they are like the Ranger 900, I would leave the back in all the time or you will get dust in the cab. On my Ranger i have the full front and I will take it out on nice days but I always leave the back in.

·
Registered
197 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
When you have a full windshield installed is the wiper kit a necessity or can you get away without it?
I have a wiper and windshield washer kit that I haven't installed yet, so on my first ride with the full windshield, I brought along a $5 squeegee from Princess Auto (Harbour Freight for you US folk) and a $2 spray bottle filled with windshield wash.

I plan to RainX my windshield as well. Should help until I find time to get the wiper installed.

·
Registered
162 Posts
i built my frame bigger so i could use the lock and ride tabs in the dash and the clamps for the half windshield,i plan on installing the upper doors so didnt want clamps around front bar.and i just couldnt make myself buy the 1100 dollar windshield.:frown2:and i can put a manual wiper on it

·
Super Moderator
1,001 Posts
Extreme metal products (EMP) front and rear windshields. Like them so far. Added tint to front top, and tinted the entire rear.
I would like to get one but not sure how it would look on the Deluxe black door?:smile2:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts