Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
ATV and UTV Accessories : ATV Wheels and Tires : Super ATV LLC seems to have a full windshield pretty reasonably priced. I am not sure about the quality though.

How do you find the half windshield works? That's what I have ordered on my machine. When I test drove the machine the half windshields was not installed yet, so I haven't gotten the chance to test it out yet. Still waiting for my trailer to be built before I can pick it up.

I have a question... is it true that if you have a front windshield and the rear panel installed that it creates somewhat of a wind tunnel in the cab?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Someone makes a split windshield and I cant find it again. Its a full shield with a removable top to convert it to a half shield. I think it even had a gap between them that helped with dust. Anyone seen it? I saw it and really liked it......but for the life of me I cant find it again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the full glass front and rear windshield on mine. It was a little more than the plastic but I think it is worth it. It can be cleaned on the trail without a lot of worry about scratching it. I just ordered a half front windshield and was wondering if I should remove the rear window when I have the half one on??

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have the full glass front and rear windshield on mine. It was a little more than the plastic but I think it is worth it. It can be cleaned on the trail without a lot of worry about scratching it. I just ordered a half front windshield and was wondering if I should remove the rear window when I have the half one on??
If they are like the Ranger 900, I would leave the back in all the time or you will get dust in the cab. On my Ranger i have the full front and I will take it out on nice days but I always leave the back in.

·
Registered
197 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
When you have a full windshield installed is the wiper kit a necessity or can you get away without it?
I have a wiper and windshield washer kit that I haven't installed yet, so on my first ride with the full windshield, I brought along a $5 squeegee from Princess Auto (Harbour Freight for you US folk) and a $2 spray bottle filled with windshield wash.

I plan to RainX my windshield as well. Should help until I find time to get the wiper installed.

·
Registered
162 Posts
i built my frame bigger so i could use the lock and ride tabs in the dash and the clamps for the half windshield,i plan on installing the upper doors so didnt want clamps around front bar.and i just couldnt make myself buy the 1100 dollar windshield.:frown2:and i can put a manual wiper on it

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.