Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 General, it's building pressure in the gas tank any thoughts as to why? Also I got a check engine light and pulled the code and it said O2 sensor. We checked fuel pressure and it was showing 34 psi, is that normal? Also my fuel mileage is crap the last 2 tanks. Are theses problems all connected or do I have a whole pile of problems?

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Our 2017 General has right around 58 LBS if i remember correctly.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
It does sound like you have a venting problem also.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Duck where are you located?
If you do need a fuel pump go with this as they work very well and also work in hot weather where sometimes Polaris fuel pumps seem to vapor lock or quite all together. Sometimes if the Polaris pump quits you can let it sit for a 1/2 hour or so and it might restart and get you home. Sometimes not though.
These are much cheaper than Polaris also!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Duck where are you located?
If you do need a fuel pump go with this as they work very well and also work in hot weather where sometimes Polaris fuel pumps seem to vapor lock or quite all together. Sometimes if the Polaris pump quits you can let it sit for a 1/2 hour or so and it might restart and get you home. Sometimes not though.
These are much cheaper than Polaris also!

I second the highflowfuel pumps they work very well and are cheap. Replaced a few can am ones with theirs back in the day

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds to me like your vent hose is plugged id check that and clean it and see what happens after... left side of vehical right under the rear intake tube to clutches
Checked the vent line it is clear and was still building pressure in the tank.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I think maybe you are creating suction on the tank i beleive in the breather is a 1 way valve if it is not letting air into the tank when fuel leaves it will create vacume on the tank and the same noise will happen bit it is air rushing in not out

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
At this point, perhaps removing the fuel pump to inspect for "stuff" in the fuel tank.
I bought one from https://www.highflowfuel.com/i-29359415-quantum-intank-electric-fuel-pump-for-polaris-general-1000-2016-2020-replaces-2206278.html
but haven't had time to open the USPS envelope.
There is a filter on the suction to the fuel pump, if it starts getting plugged up the pump will sure pull a vacuum on the fuel tank and lack of fuel pressure on the fuel injection rails
might well account for the poor fuel economy. You have your foot to the floor to keep up speed, and the suction filter is not fully plugged and might intermittently let full flow through the
filter and there goes fuel economy.

Just thoughts for troubleshooting.

Pirate

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a 2016 General, it's building pressure in the gas tank any thoughts as to why? Also I got a check engine light and pulled the code and it said O2 sensor. We checked fuel pressure and it was showing 34 psi, is that normal? Also my fuel mileage is crap the last 2 tanks. Are theses problems all connected or do I have a whole pile of problems?
Thanks for the input. Talked to my dealer today as well as another mechanic from another dealer and they both agree it's the fuel pump that is causing my issues. So I guess I will start with a new pump and hope it fixes everything.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts