Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my General out to go to an event and the gauge showed a quarter of a tank on the gauge, so I went to the gas station to fill up.When I started to put gas into it I could only get .20 cents in it. Checked the gauge and it still showed quarter of a tank. Any ideas before I take it back in to the dealer ?

·
Registered
408 Posts
So how many miles is everyone getting on a tank? I see Trapper getting 140miles on a tank. That is great! Did you run it out of gas to know this?

Reactions: Alaskan47

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
So how many miles is everyone getting on a tank? I see Trapper getting 140miles on a tank. That is great! Did you run it out of gas to know this?
I ride to the gas station once or twice every trip up north you get use to how much you use. I have almost a 1000 miles >:)

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Rode min 113 miles on a rally ride and then stopped the gas station to fill up. Took 5.016 gallons.

So that's 22.53 miles to the gallon. More than twice what my 09 RZR 800 ever got!!!

Through four days of the rally...seemed to be about the same. Unfortunately the Toyhauler fueling station doesn't have a meter to show what has been dispensed...yet.

So I'm beginning to think its useless to haul a fuel can along...just don't need it.

JMO

Pirate

·
Registered
17 Posts
New '17 general....Crazy Gas Guage

Got my '17 general last weekend, 8/5/17, filled it up on the way home with NON Ethanol and blasted it around my mountain all day. gas gauge seemed to be hit or miss. Sometimes showing 3/4's full. Stop, turn it off and back on and down to a quarter! Decided to fill it back up the next day and put 4 gallons in it. Started it and showed full. As the day went on the gauge never dropped at all. Five days later and 75 miles later and it STILL shows full lmao! Screw taking it to the dealer, they'll never fix this one. Just gonna watch the miles and carry a gas jug with me until I've learned the miles I can run around my area. Awesome machine so far got 11 hours and 155 miles on it.

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
I get around 20 mpg trail riding. Not a heavy foot and in low range most of the time.
I use TRIP A for each gas tank fill and TRIP B for oil changes.

Reactions: waxjob

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yea, mines a little weird too. The guage doesn't move for about 20 miles then by 40 miles it's down to 1/2 tank. When I filled it up from 1/2 tank it only takes 3 gallons.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Rode min 113 miles on a rally ride and then stopped the gas station to fill up. Took 5.016 gallons.

So that's 22.53 miles to the gallon. More than twice what my 09 RZR 800 ever got!!!

Through four days of the rally...seemed to be about the same. Unfortunately the Toyhauler fueling station doesn't have a meter to show what has been dispensed...yet.

So I'm beginning to think its useless to haul a fuel can along...just don't need it.

JMO

Pirate
I fill a gas can from the toyhauler, then put it in the General, so I san see how much fuel I put in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts