Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Polaris General 2 seat Deluxe
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang, I’ve been carrying my spare front tire on the 2018 General Delux as the front will replace a front, or rear flat, but the rear can only fit the rear.

The issue here is twofold, 1) the lugs are too short for the front tire to go on the rear. Tried Napa and they didn’t have a lug that was longer. 2) I can’t get a socket, or 4 way into the front tire, placed on the rear as a spare. I can hand tighten the with my fingers, that’s it. Is there a thin walled 3/4 socket?

So, what do others do for this spare issue? I don’t want to carry two spares

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread

Water Eye Liquid Automotive tire Grey

·
Registered
2022 general XP on the way
1,110 Posts
Can always by an El cheapo 3/4" socket and sand it down until it fits. Shouldn't take much and if it's ONLY used for emergency situations should be fine. Also NO IMPACTS, hand use only...

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2016 Polaris General Deluxe, 10% OEM
4,813 Posts
A complete set of the splined lug nuts you can use front or rear are about $30. You can get chrome or black.
So not that big an expense compared to the time spent trying to sand down a standard socket. Plus you'll have the wall thickness down to the point that torquing the lug nut to 120 ft-lbs
will likely break the socket.
Note the spline lug nut socket has the ribs in side, giving it strength when tightening or loosening lug nuts.
Pirate

·
Registered
2018 Polaris General 2 seat Deluxe
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Agree, I’ll go back to the Napa store in town and see what they have and if not, I’ll head to O’Rielly’s.

Reactions: Buelligan666
1 - 7 of 7 Posts