Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well one front shock is junk. Going to have them rework the front shocks to help the soft front end on the generals.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Will keep you posted. Getting specs worked out.
Thinking of doing tender and valve.

I have to give the general credit. Its up with the big dogs even hauling all the gear. To get people back

·
Registered
44 Posts
I see that your spring adjustment nuts are backed off, but what's wrong with the shock? Just quit dampening internally? Curious because I've been getting hydaulic leaks in a shock about every 75 hours of riding. Still waiting to get my LR shock back from ST for the third time - .250 miles on the General.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I see that your spring adjustment nuts are backed off, but what's wrong with the shock? Just quit dampening internally? Curious because I've been getting hydaulic leaks in a shock about every 75 hours of riding. Still waiting to get my LR shock back from ST for the third time - .250 miles on the General.
I backed the nuts off to see what was going on with the spring. I saw some oil before redbank poker run. And after the run i looked and backed nuts off to see if i could push the shaft in. Then i realized i could press on the bottom of reservoir.

So yes its not dampening inside

Im sure i could have done it easier to get spring off. But i had my 5month old son with me in the garage so I was killng time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Talked specs today. Decided to go with some heavier oil in the front shocks to help out some of the dampening. Was going to do more but we are looking into a 4 seater.
So close to stock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts