Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2022 general XP on the way
940 Posts
I've seen people with a "hood scoop" like vent on the roof of their general that looked pretty sharp. I think someone said it was from a can-am?

I've also seen a guy run a hose from the hood area on a RZR to the footwell area. He's got a lot of videos on YouTube. His page name is A1 UTV, if you want yo get some ideas from that...

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2022 general XP on the way
940 Posts

·
Registered
2020 general
138 Posts
I put a heater in mine. I wonder if it would move enough air with the coolant shut off to cool it or if it would just take that warm air and move it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I put a heater in mine. I wonder if it would move enough air with the coolant shut off to cool it or if it would just take that warm air and move it.
Heater Fan does nothing in mine. I will be putting heat barrier in mine. Did that on my MH and normally had to run generator and roof air when it got hotter. Yesterday was 94 and lone engine ac kept it cool.

·
Registered
2020 general
138 Posts
LWS- With heater fan running 150deg air- without fan running 151deg air LOL 🥵
wow thats some unconfortable heat. Thank God i live up north. Its actually in the 90 today temps in the 90s dont happen much up here in the summer. We may have one week of 90s out of the summer. I can park it for that week. Most of our summers are in the 70s and low 80s. I know if it was 150 in my general i sure as heck wouldnt be sitting in it. Id be in the house with the ac on. Id think a flip up windshield or half windshield would be about mandatory in that kind of heat. Personaly if i lived in an area that got that hot being an old cogger id have a ranger northstar with ac.

·
Registered
2020 general
138 Posts
At least we have mild winters, it rarely gets below -10 for more than a week!! Thank God for OEM heater😇😱
heck i still remember my first new car. A 1971 340 duster. I ordered it up here and picked it up on leave. I was stationed in VA at the time. Never thought to get ac because back then it wasnt standard on much of anything and very few up here bothered with it. I paid the price in VA. Even had a black vinyl top and black interior. Id have to open doors for 10 minutes before i got in it and put towels on the seat to sit in it. Never had another vehicle after that that didnt have ac. You do kind of adapt to the heat living down south but it was still miserable any way you look at it. Couldnt pay me to live there today. Ya the snow and cold suck. But you can dress for that. You can also ski (to old to do it now) or snowmobile ect. Nothings fun when its a 100 degrees and theres a haze in the air from humidity. You can strip naked and if anything that just makes you suffer more. Went through a hard core escape and evade training set up in FL while in the service. 2 weeks on your own. When i was done the master chief in charge of it asked everyone what the most difficult thing was for you. I said heat and humidity. That swamp then had us in was so blasted hot you could have left a roast on a log and came back the next day and it would have been well done. I think to a man everyone else said the interrogation phase of it. that heat was torture 24/7

·
Registered
902 Posts
The heater recirculates the air inside the cab. It does not have a "fresh-air" intake like your car.
Vents in the firewall will let hot air from the radiator into the cab. Pull the cover off the tunnel and go for a good ride to see what that will do.

·
Registered
2020 general
138 Posts
guess my point was with the water turned off to the heater the fan might blow the hot air out and cool it some. But your probably right. It would only make a minor differnce in a vehicle that is wide open to the air. I know theres a drastic differnce in comfort in mine when its hot like today if i just flip up the windshield. But you eat bugs and some mud.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts