Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 20 of 949 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
I believe it's a clearance thing between gears. There's aftermarket kits designed to close the tolerances..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
162 Posts
i got them to replace my 2013 ranger 900 front end at 200 miles,but my dealership says its normal noise now.everybody i ride with,15 dif models all have some kind of front end noise:frown2:my general does it intermittently at 30 to 35mph.i would describe it more of a hum vibration.my ranger even with the new front end had the same thing.

·
Registered
115 Posts
My General has the same annoying noise from day one. I'm going to take it back to the dealer to see what they say. You would think with all the complaints that are going around, Polaris would fix it. It is defiantly a factory defect.

·
Registered
162 Posts
they will prob tell you it is normal because of the straight cut gears:frown2:thats what the 3 dealers say around hear.let us know what they tell you.

·
Registered
45 Posts
a friend of mine has a rzr 1000 xp and his front diff exploded last weekend they say it happens to all of them and our dealer says general owners can expect the same.. I got the 5 year warrantee as well but it's turning out to be a joke.. my cv boot on the passenger side broke and they are telling me that's not covered. the clock has to be reset every day or so. and the passengers door drags the striker and comes open all the time! not bad for $20,000.00 right?!

·
Registered
51 Posts
and the passengers door drags the striker and comes open all the time! not bad for $20,000.00 right?!
Interesting, I have the same issue with both doors and taking it in this week for service, however I'm a manufacture by trade, and looking at the fabrication of the door hinge placement, I'm not sure it can be fixed without actual structural modification.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Interesting, I have the same issue with both doors and taking it in this week for service, however I'm a manufacture by trade, and looking at the fabrication of the door hinge placement, I'm not sure it can be fixed without actual structural modification.

I thought the same thing. my drivers door does not move at all up and down or have any end play. the passengers door has about 1/2 inch of movement up and down if you lift it up it closes okay but. not if you just try to close it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I don't think there's a single person on this site, that hasn't had to adjust their doors.

My driver side was/is fine, but I spent a good bit of time, dialing in the passenger side. Getting a consistent door gap is impossible on my machine, but at least it now functions properly.
I would agree!. One of two things occurred from Polaris, wrong frame for the door or wrong door for the frame. For close to $20K, I would expect to have the door to frame closer than 3/4" inch gap from top to bottom of door hinge.

It would appear, at first observation, quality control got set to the side to meet promised delivery to the dealers.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Also, if you have adjusted your doors and after riding they are messed up again, check the latch itself. Mine was loose originally, I tightened it when I adjusted the door. After first ride it was messed up. So I started the process over again and found the latch to be loose again. There is 2 bolts that hold the latch together. I had to take the inner panel off to get to the top one.

The two bolts that go through 8 to hold 10.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 949 Posts