Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found some nice rear lights that fit up under each rear corner of the roof. They are KAWELL 12 watt LEDs. They are advertised as 5.5". They mount flush to the spots on each corner of ther upper rear roof. They are really bright for their size, plenty of light for me. You need to undo the roof, lift it up the rear side above the cage so you can have access to mount them. From inside the roof, you will see pre-marked drill holes for most likely some kind of Polaris future light. They don't line up with these lights, but if you drill a 1/2" hole at the top middle line, I mean center the drill bit right on the center of the indented line, that is where the wire will run through. You will have to then place your light fixture, after poking the wires through from the outside of the hole you drilled, mark your two holes on each side of the light and drill 1/8" holes. They are fixed mounted so no adjustment, but they are flood lights and really light up behind you. Perfect for me!

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
Gmman, those will stick out past the roof, I have a similar set, and decided not to use them because of that. Something to keep in mind.
Yea I thought of that. Wont have as clean of a look but I think for me they will work better so Im not blinding myself or someone else while Im working back there. I am also going to have a rack built eventually that they will be hooked to. Did you wire up your lights with your own wiring or did you buy a wire harness? Im trying to decide which I want to do. Those wire harness' are pretty bulky and would be a pain to work with...

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
Me three! :grin2:

Reactions: MMX

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I made my own as well, i ran it up the ROPS on the drivers side, no relay for the rear lights being that they are only 12 watts a piece. I also wired my switch so I can turn them on without the key, in case I am wanting to do work on the bed in the dark or around the area of the rear. I wired the switch, though, so it lights up only when the key is on.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Gotcha Trapper, sorry, I was assuming the lights. My lights can only mount up,if you drill a hole through the rear roof. All wiring is done inside the cab

·
Registered
2020 General XP 4 seater
276 Posts
Can you post up a pic or two of them in daylight? Do you think they put out enough light for backing up at night?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts