Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2020 polaris general xp4
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just changed all my a-arms to forward high clearance arms do I need to change any of my axles they seem fine but they kinda look like there angled a lot more

·
Registered
2019 rc
271 Posts
Fronts should be ok, I have 2000mi. On SATV front arms, no worries, Rears- SATV recommends using aftermarket axles. I have 1000mi. on my T-REX rear arms and was told stock axles would be fine. So far no problems. If you remove front sway bar I recommend using limit straps as under full droop with forward arms your axles will definitely be pushed to their limit, Along with your tie rods and shocks.

·
Premium Member
2016 Polaris General Deluxe, 10% OEM
4,713 Posts
NOW...if you move to the SuperATV rear Control Arms or A-arms, you must use the SuperATV Rino axles. These are the only ones they work with. They won't work with my Turner Cycle Nitro axles.
SuperATV Customer Service was great. Took them back and refunded all my money. The sales rep was not honest on which axles will work with their A-arms and I'm not giving up my Nitro axles.
Pirate

·
Vendor
519 Posts
I would have assumed the Turner's would have worked too. They are both the stock length and have pretty big CV's and should have allowed for more articulation. Still kinda scratching my head over that one, Pirate. I would have said the same thing our rep on the phone would have said.

·
Registered
2020 polaris general xp4
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
NOW...if you move to the SuperATV rear Control Arms or A-arms, you must use the SuperATV Rino axles. These are the only ones they work with. They won't work with my Turner Cycle Nitro axles.
SuperATV Customer Service was great. Took them back and refunded all my money. The sales rep was not honest on which axles will work with their A-arms and I'm not giving up my Nitro axles.
Pirate
What will happen if I leave stock on till I get the extra money to order the other ones I’ve been riding around in the cow pasture with the stock ones right now

·
Vendor
519 Posts
What will happen if I leave stock on till I get the extra money to order the other ones I’ve been riding around in the cow pasture with the stock ones right now
I'll give my input. For our rear arms and the stock axles...It could be ok as long as its easy riding and you don't get into a situation where the rear suspension goes to full drop while the wheels are spinning. The stock rear axles just can't handle much angle without wanting to bind up.

·
Registered
2020 polaris general xp4
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok than
I'll give my input. For our rear arms and the stock axles...It could be ok as long as its easy riding and you don't get into a situation where the rear suspension goes to full drop while the wheels are spinning. The stock rear axles just can't handle much angle without wanting to bind up.
Ok thank you I will change them as soon as I can

1 - 9 of 9 Posts