Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, I've been looking and listening to exhausts for about a month now. I know most people like it quiet and stock but I don't. The problem I have found is I'm not paying $500-$1000 for a slip on exhaust. I'm wondering if anyone has the video I saw of a guy that built a flowmaster 40 series exhaust for his rzr 1000. I've done the google and YouTube searches and can't find the video again. He had a center in dual out 40 series flowmaster homemade set up and it sounded great! I wanna either build it or buy it!

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
Been tossing the idea of building a muffler either flowmaster or magnaflow!

Reactions: Trapper

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Saw the YouTube video on the MBRP exhaust for the General.

Pretty impressed, dyno proven 5 hp gain, no fuel mapping, no clutch mods, just the hp and improved throttle response.

Wasn't going to mess with the drivetrain on my General...but I think this system is calling my name...

Pirate

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
flowmaster

Alright guys, I've been looking and listening to exhausts for about a month now. I know most people like it quiet and stock but I don't. The problem I have found is I'm not paying $500-$1000 for a slip on exhaust. I'm wondering if anyone has the video I saw of a guy that built a flowmaster 40 series exhaust for his rzr 1000. I've done the google and YouTube searches and can't find the video again. He had a center in dual out 40 series flowmaster homemade set up and it sounded great! I wanna either build it or buy it!

Is this the one you are looking for?
:grin2:

Reactions: Trapper and MMX

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Where can one order the MBRP muffler to fit the 17 Polaris General deluxe?

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
What gets me...do you have to call MBRP to order one? No online orders? or no dealers? Looked on Amazon and got lots of links, but none carries the ATV/UTV products.

I did send a Contact Us to MBRP and heard back from Byron Stickland that the General ECU can handle the altitude variations from sea level in the Winter to 13,000 feet in the Summer with no problem. Their exhaust gives you the dyno proven 5 hp gain, better sound and no fuel controller is required...period!! I've looked at a one other package that was the exhaust, but requires a fuel controller, not interested in that!!

Just some more thoughts...

Pirate

·
Registered
35 Posts
Almost every "sound bite" I have heard with an after market exhaust sounds like a tin can full of bees or a ricer. I would like to find one with a "Harley" type rumble.

·
Registered
375 Posts
What gets me...do you have to call MBRP to order one? No online orders? or no dealers? Looked on Amazon and got lots of links, but none carries the ATV/UTV products.

I did send a Contact Us to MBRP and heard back from Byron Stickland that the General ECU can handle the altitude variations from sea level in the Winter to 13,000 feet in the Summer with no problem. Their exhaust gives you the dyno proven 5 hp gain, better sound and no fuel controller is required...period!! I've looked at a one other package that was the exhaust, but requires a fuel controller, not interested in that!!

Just some more thoughts...

Pirate

MBRP is well know and repsected in the Diesel Truck world. In fact, I have an MBRP 4" turbo-back system on my Excursion. I don't think they sell direct to the public.

Almost every "sound bite" I have heard with an after market exhaust sounds like a tin can full of bees or a ricer. I would like to find one with a "Harley" type rumble.

Gonna be hard to do a Harley-type rumble. Totally different engines. the HD is a 45 degree common-pin V-twin. The general has a parallel twin with a 180 crank. 180 cranks ALWAYS sound like crap. They have a distinctive "flatness" to them. You might be able to replicate the volume, but never the cadence and timbre of the HD with a Polaris engine.

Tim

·
Super Moderator
3,182 Posts
I only heard a very short clip, but like what I heard from Evolution Powersports "Magnum".

From Bsherman's build thread...
Today we added the Evolution Powersports exhaust system to the G4. Super high quality product that took a whopping 10 minutes to install! Picture and sound clip video are attached below!

https://youtu.be/vDPeDQJZt3I

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Nope, ain't nothing like a Harley-Davidson V-twin rumble...man how I loved that sound!!! I remember years ago, when the rice v-twins were coming out, HD was working to copyright the sound of a 45 degree V-twin. Never did hear how that came out.

Check out the MBRP video on YouTube. It has a pretty good sound, that and 5 hp on the dyno are calling my name....

Pirate

1 - 13 of 13 Posts