Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone

Long time reader, first time poster...

- Bob & Tom Mr Obvious joke, most probably won't have any idea what I'm talking about. Lol

Anyways, like many others I noticed the camber problem after I got my XP home. Bought a new 21' in March of 22'.

Saw the camber and checked here to see how many had the problem. Once I saw it was common I knew it was something I'd have to fix.

Not really complicated but time consuming and frusting for what a machine costs nowadays.

I made this video for a rant/post about laziness on Facebook and also posted it to YouTube.

I made this video as short as possible for more of a "post" than a "how to" but check it out and if you have any questions either comment on the video or message here.

Comments on youtube will get a qucker response...

By the way, I'm a C7 Quadriplegic, so you may be shocked. I'm paralyzed from the chest down and have very limited use of my hands.

But I'm good at what I do.

Thanks and look forward to helping you guys!

P.S. this is my first post on a forum like this so if the YouTube link doesnt work, my channel is "Wheeling & Able"

·
Registered
24 Posts
Love your inspiration !!! I have herd of some coming with allot of negative camber but have not seen one personally or any data . Tabs welded in wrong place on Jig ? What was your pre camber numbers ? in the Video it sounded like you was at -2.5 after adjustment ?

And I know Mr Obvious, some of the skits are down right hilarious:)

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Welcome to the Forum.
PM sent.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Love your inspiration !!! I have herd of some coming with allot of negative camber but have not seen one personally or any data . Tabs welded in wrong place on Jig ? What was your pre camber numbers ? in the Video it sounded like you was at -2.5 after adjustment ?

And I know Mr Obvious, some of the skits are down right hilarious:)

The problem is that the camber is uneven. Passenger comes pretty heavy negative and the drivers is positive. The passenger is actually a little too negative stock.

My digital scale read 88.4 passenger 88.5 driver, or 1.6 and 1.5, after I was done in the video. But where I zeroed out the scale made a big difference. Its more like 2.6 negative passenger & 2.5 negative driver.

Stock it read roughly 2.6 negative passsenger and 1.5 positive driver. My goal was just to match the passenger side so regardless what the scale said after being zeroed, I wanted the driver to match as much as possible.

People have said the frames bent or something but I believe the problems in the upper tab mounts. I think the jig was off for the uppers. But if you've ever done chassis work you know any part being off or out of square has a trickle affect on changing everything so who knows. Lol

It just drove me insane looking at the uneven camber so I'm happy I got it fixed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts