Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2019 General 4 Ride Command
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone provide a little guidance to chasing a problem with my fan? I have replaced burnt circuit breaker in the past and thought my fan was on the way out. Last weekend the fan dies (confirmed when running power directly to pigtail) I replaced fan and am not getting power to it when temp is reached. It has ground all the time. Checked relay/replaced with fuse to confirm. Power at fuse when key is on. New fan does work when jumped at pigtail. I'm thinking I need to drop skid plates and chase wires looking for the broken/shorted one. Can anyone provide routing info and wire color to give me a starting point? Assuming it goes from power block to some sort of relay before going to the fan itself?

Thank you

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can anyone tell me if I unplug sensor on the block, should the fan come on? If so I will use this as my starting point, rather than having to heat motor up to chase wires.

Thank you

·
Registered
Pending... But looking at the General XP 4 1000 Factory Edition
79 Posts
Can anyone tell me if I unplug sensor on the block, should the fan come on? If so I will use this as my starting point, rather than having to heat motor up to chase wires.

Thank you
I am not sure, hopefully someone will chime in.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I found the issue :)

The square relay was not functioning. I checked the rectangular fan relay and missed the square one (in the fuse block as well) Switched the relay with the one for accessory and fan worked, accessory did not. Now off to the parts store to pick up a new relay. As a plus, I got to pull the belly pans and lube the drive shaft while under there. Couldn't find a rub anywhere then looked back at fuse block and saw the second relay marked "Fan".

Thank you for your assistance!

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Congrats on finding the issue with an easy and reasonable fix.

·
Premium Member
2021 General XP 4
111 Posts
I found the issue :)

The square relay was not functioning. I checked the rectangular fan relay and missed the square one (in the fuse block as well) Switched the relay with the one for accessory and fan worked, accessory did not. Now off to the parts store to pick up a new relay. As a plus, I got to pull the belly pans and lube the drive shaft while under there. Couldn't find a rub anywhere then looked back at fuse block and saw the second relay marked "Fan".

Thank you for your assistance!
Glad to see you found it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts