Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used a set of door hinge pins for a dodge pickup. They are 11/32" the same size as the holes on the door side of the general. That's where all the play is. The holes on the door side are bigger than the holes in the bushings so the pins and bushings are tight but the bigger hole in the door lets it move and rattle. Take an 11/32" drill bit and run it through the four plastic bushings then run it through the holes in the door side. When u go to put it back together just loosen the hinges on the door so stuff lines up better and tap the pins in. Latch the door and retighten the door hinge bolts then adjust door as needed. After I did this there was zero play in the door hinges and no more rattling doors. Here's some pics of the hinge pins I used.

Attachments

·
Registered
832 Posts
What trick did you use to get the C clips off the stock pins? Mine are in a recessed area making it seemingly impossible to just pop them off.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What trick did you use to get the C clips off the stock pins? Mine are in a recessed area making it seemingly impossible to just pop them off.
Use a small screw driver to spin the clip so the closed side is toward u push screw driver in small opening in clip and pry it back until u get a gap then use a bigger screw driver and stick it in the opening and turn it and they pop right out.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Use a small screw driver to spin the clip so the closed side is toward u push screw driver in small opening in clip and pry it back until u get a gap then use a bigger screw driver and stick it in the opening and turn it and they pop right out.
That's exactly how I got mine off Rocklong, with the exception of my reading glasses and a flashlight. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Has anyone figured out how to keep the inside door plastic in place? The passenger side is fine but my driver's side has a small gap at the top. I pop it back together but it won't stay. Not a big deal but I'd like to fix it if I can.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Door pins

I talked to the dealer about a month ago and they looked at my sloppy door and said they would order new pins and bushings. I went in today a month had gone buy and asked and they said they are not available and they are not on the microfilm. He. shows me the picture it is a bolt we looked at the new 2017 they replaced the pin with a bolt and nut. He said they would order it and if it does not work I will get a new door. My plastic is separating from hitting the door to open it. Before I left I paid for my extended warranty with 5 days left on the factory.

:surprise:

·
Super Moderator
4,185 Posts
The 17s have a bolt and lock nut no pins hope the last !

Reactions: Trapper

·
Registered
14 Posts
Rocklong

AWESOME FIX
I've been fighting my passenger side door since it was new. took it to dealer twice they never new anything about the pin replacement
and they kept adjusting it. it would work fine for awhile then was hard to open and wife was not happy when she could not get the door to
open.
I could not believe how much play was in the holes on the door side of the hinges after taking it apart piss poor design on there part.
after doing this fix there is NO PLAY in the doors and they have been working great (did this fix a couple months ago)
nothing better than a happy wife.
only thing is to do both doors you need to buy 4 of these kits because there is two different size pins in this kit and you only use
the smaller diameter pin that's in the kit.

once again THANKS

1 - 17 of 17 Posts