Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Gonna do my first oil change. Is the K&N 198 good for these? Only ask because Advance Auto Parts is 2 mins from my house and they have em in stock. Wanted to see what everyone was using.

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
Keeping your warranty intact is pretty important, at least to me.

My dealer told me if I was doing my own oil changes...just keep the receipt and note the total engine hours when it was done.

So....I'm sticking with the Polaris oil change kits.

Just sayin'

Pirate

·
Registered
67 Posts
Keeping your warranty intact is pretty important, at least to me.

My dealer told me if I was doing my own oil changes...just keep the receipt and note the total engine hours when it was done.

So....I'm sticking with the Polaris oil change kits.

Just sayin'

Pirate
Besides keeping written records, I've started taking pictures also. Something i stumbled onto is the polaris ride command app for iPhone has a spot for maintenance. where you can utilize the app and save your records in the polaris app.

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
And as long as you keep records and use product that meet or exceed Polaris recommendations you are good I do not use the Polaris filter look up the filter you want use and make sure it has the anti drain back valve and the micron rating that is the same or better than the Polaris filter and your good.

·
Super Moderator
3,174 Posts
The K&N oil filters don't have an anti-drain like the Polaris filter, which in my experience caused dry starts after the machine set for as little as overnight.

Napa Gold #1356 oil filter like the Polaris one has the anti-drain, and has worked great for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts