Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, it won't fit there... And was thinking of using that for the radio location. Like I said, some of my more experienced friends told me the dash was best as you did't have to look down to use it... I cut a piece of 1/8 steel and backed it up under the dash.. Very solid.. I am happy...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Any thought of another place for it? For those who have the extended glass windshield it won't fit on the dash. I don't mind looking down since I have a passenger. What make and model would fit in the large square opening?

Reactions: Trapper

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks Alaskan47. What model GPS should I get for the small dash box? That area is really calling my name to put a GPS there instead of anyplace else.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got the 7" one.. Took it out today and gave it a test... the bigger screen is AWESOME..! Only other mount solution I thought about was getting a bracket fabricated, and drilling it to match the pattern of the bolts in the passenger "oh SH$T handle and bending it up so it was between the seats ?

·
1,563 Posts
View attachment 2434
I prefer the iPad. I use it in the plane. Flew 2 planes up here from Indiana and threw the Garmin in the back seat. Plus it will blue tooth with the stereo.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Here is another thread on the subject showing what I did. Lots of options out there.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Reactions: Alaskan47

·
Registered
348 Posts
here is what i came up with. $80 garmin gps, $25.00 usb extender from best buy, and a 12volt to usb plug for the extender.

Attachments

Reactions: 2722 and Trapper

·
Registered
348 Posts
Is that a suction mount how does it hold up to bouncing.
it is a suction cup mount, i do not know how well it is going to work I'm going riding this weekend ill let you know

·
Registered
348 Posts
i rode about 4 hours with it and it did not move at all. perfect for what i use it for.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts