Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've searched on here and didn't find anyone who has used a Firestorm heater. I've seen mention of the Ice Crusher and the Polaris one.

I don't think I'm going to go with the Polaris one due to the cost and I really don't need that level of fit and finish. I've seen them installed and it looks great but I'd be happy with just some heat for the really cold days. We've all got plenty of gear from snowmobiling so it would just be nice to have a basic heater.

What aftermarket heaters have you guys tried?

What about adding the defrost hose or not? I run with a Polaris glass full windshield in the winter but have not added door uppers so defrost hasn't been needed, but I might add uppers in the future.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What about adding the defrost hose or not? I run with a Polaris glass full windshield in the winter but have not added door uppers so defrost hasn't been needed, but I might add uppers in the future.

I also run with the full EMP General Hard Coat Polycarbonate Cab Back/Dust Stopper in the winter. So not terrible cold most days, but again a heater would be nice.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Being from SD you might want defrost for cold days when the windshield ices up. That is the ONLY reason I put in a heater in the first place. But I found that with upper doors, the windshield fogs up rapidly and constant wiping was necessary. I think most if not all the aftermarket heaters will do the job, but consider defrost when you buy. I have the IceCrusher and it does well. It has two defrost vents, two dash vents, and two vents by your knees. It is smaller (the heater core) than some and it doesn't blast you out of the cab like some report the bigger ones do. Right now I have the windows out of my uppers for the warmer weather. I also have the Ryfab rear slider. With the upper doors with the windows in, there is still no air flow in the cab with the slider open. It was a bad investment in my opinion. If I was going to do it again, I would buy the Firestorm. I have used them before and liked them. The Icecrusher didn't have enough vent hose. When the hose was cut to the recommended lengths, several were too short to reach the designated locations. Hope this helps. Ride safe, ride insured,

Roy

Reactions: Carbon Summit

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I finally got around to getting Seizmik door uppers and a heater. Actually got them back in November but finally put them on this last weekend.

I went with the Ice Crusher kit and was very happy with how the install went. I decided I like the way the Ice Crusher hooks to the firewall under the passenger side of the dash where the Firestorm heater looked like it would be a pain to install. The Ice Crusher has a kit specifically for the General which I liked.

Just figured I'd follow up in case someone was searching for info on heaters and found this old thread.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts