Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who's running a with a fire extinguisher and where do you keep it? I want a mounted one that's in plain view so if its needed its there and you don't have to look for it. Also..... if its mounted and can be seen a stranger can grab it in an emergency.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Real smart to want to keep it in view just in case the situation arises where a stranger may need to utilize it instead.
Yeah.... It's one of those things that could mean life or death.... So if it's there.... Use it. Heck.... I could be turned over, trapped, and unconscious. If it's tucked away in a box it's no good.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have one on my XP 900 and was thinking I should add one to my General.

That's the way I would like have one mounted..... But with the profit cage there aren't many options. Hopefully it could be one you could pick up at the hardware so it could easily be replaced when needed.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I struggle with the same question. I have the tip out glass windshield and rear panel. Can't mount anything on the roll cage. I bought a fancy mount that you pull a pin and it releases the extinguisher, but don't know where to mount it. I am thinking of mounting inside on that bar below the rear panel. For now I carry a Tundra spray extinguisher in the center console. I like having one in the interior in case I am trapped. The Tundra works pretty well. I put a fire on my exhaust once, but not sure it is big enough to put out a fuel fire so would like a dry extinguisher.

Need an extinguisher on the top and bottom so when we rollover, others can still get to it LOL!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts