Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Axia Alloys fire extinguisher mount finally arrived few days ago so I took a few minutes and installed it tonight.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
I suspect that is a dry powder fire extinguisher?
Do yourself a favor and look up "Halotron" fire extinguishers. Not a Halon, but another that is a gas type that cheats a fire out of temperature and oxygen but doesn't make a mess of things.

If I could find a small CO2 extinguisher...I'd be carrying one. But the Halotron is the right size. Not cheap...but to not blow dry powder all over and into things...I'll take it!

Pirate

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ll check into that one. Thanks Pirate

Reactions: BretC

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Here's my set up, fire extinguisher on the right, nitrogen bottle for tires on the left.

And here's where I got it:

Pirate

·
Registered
979 Posts
I use FireAde and have it strapped on the frame in/over my door so I can grab it as I get out. It's quickly accessible and not hanging above the rear/engine while the rising flames are limiting your access to it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I use FireAde and have it strapped on the frame in/over my door so I can grab it as I get out. It's quickly accessible and not hanging above the rear/engine while the rising flames are limiting your access to it.
Good point about the danger of mounting the fire extingusher above the engine. Thank you for your input.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts