Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I ordered it September 28th. It finally came in last week.

unfortunately on the way home the tailgate skin flew off! Someone was kind and stopped, picked it up, and flagged us down to pull over.

its scratched, but more concerning is that it’s missing ALL of the 21 clips that apparently hold it on.

I sent pictures immediately to the dealer, who said this piece is installed from Polaris and shipped to them already installed so they will have to file a claim with Polaris to get me a replacement. Hopefully this isn’t a massive run around.

·
Premium Member
1,858 Posts
So, am I understanding correctly here that the factory installed the tailgate skin without the retaining clips

·
Registered
317 Posts
Definitely fishy, so Polaris better step up and get that resolved.

Good news is it doesn’t look like it will affect riding it in the meantime so hope it doesn’t slow you down any.

·
Registered
2021 XP 1000 RC
115 Posts
Quality control may be a bit of an issue at Polaris. I just picked my XP1000 up and found they dropped the large bolt and spring for the exhaust in the bottom of the skid pan and just left it there. Also was missing 2 push pins on the body.
IMG_8527.JPG

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Missing push pins is almost a given.
Ours was missing some push pins and also none of the Torx bolts below the door on the outside were in it either. I think it was missing 3 or 4 Torx bolts on each side.
Quality control certainly isn't what it used to be.
They weren't taken out either as you could see the paint wasn't disturbed where they screw into.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Well guys and gals don’t want to get in trouble, but as long as we keep buying they will continue to produce machines that are less that perfect. If we except substandard as the norm then that’s what the norm will become.

·
Registered
2018 G4. And because of this forum, way too many mods to list!
109 Posts
Looks like a shift change issue or the lunch break horn going off! To me, knowing how hard those clips are stuck on, there were none put on! Just my opinion! Hope they do you right. Your pics should help prove it to Polaris. Good luck, and let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I found a nut laying on the skid plate towards the front. I assume it is one of the roll cage nuts. Stuff happens as we are all human.

·
Registered
2021 General XP 4 (On Order)
75 Posts
Wow 4.5 month wait? That seems a bit excessive. The tan is looking really nice! Are you considering removing the side decals at all?

·
Registered
30 Posts
i had a exhaust bolt dropped between the oil filter and motor so when you tried to take of the oil filter you would get half a turn then jam. ended up destroying the oil filter to get it off and found the bolt. inspected the exhaust and manifold and no missing bolts, presumed a oops by assembly and replaced oil filter all good. would agree that the care in assembly seems to be lacking in pride of work.

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
Goo Gone in the spray bottle. A gently used heat gun ($25 at Ace Hdwe), a little time...and they all come off very nicely. Then you can get top grade vinyl graphics like these
from AMRacing:

Pirate

1 - 17 of 17 Posts