Polaris General Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
I felt the Polaris XP Fender Flares was an easy install. I do agree with i didn't like cutting the front edge of the plastic rocker panels. However, it did give me more tire clearance so overall happy with the final outcome.
It will probably grow on me, I guess I should have looked a little closer before buying, I didn't realize you had to cut so much off, a few clip holes not a big deal, you can always just put clips in to fill.
I do not enjoy having mud and water flung into the cockpit while riding, if these keep all that out and do not fall off the first time I bump a tree or rock with them; I'm sure they will grow on me a little more.

·
Registered
2017 General 4
351 Posts
I agree. I run 32'' tires and 2'' wheel spacers on my 2017 G4 and my machine & I stay much cleaner now after installing the XP flares. The flares do make the machine wider so watch tight spots with trees.

·
Registered
2018 Polaris General 1000 Ride Comand
262 Posts
Love em. For the price you get a lot of coverage with them. All of those hugh holes are covered now.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I see a few post up the stocker fenders, is there really any market for them? I suppose if someone is doing body work it may be cost effective

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
One of the first things I installed on 2018 G4. It drastically reduces the amount of mud in the cab. They look great on your machine.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
FYI I bought mine on Ebay. Polaris has a store on Ebay now. Shows there are 10 in stock right now.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Has anyone seen this with the polaris fender flares? My General is a 2020, never wrecked, rolled, bumped, etc. But, it's almost like the tip bed is out of alignment, but it doesn't look out of alignment.
The left side it perfect the right side has a big gap. I do not think there is any adjustability to these, my 2020 had all the holes pre-drilled, so I didn't incorrectly drill a hole. Any thoughts??
Every thing is sold and in place.

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Blue Automotive lighting
Tire Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Azure

·
Registered
211 Posts
Jut finished installing mine. I like them so far, but having to cut off the lower trim piece was ridiculous.
Yep, I 100% agree, drilling the holes was one thing you could always put a push tab in there or something. Having to take a sawzall the the lower corners was and is a crazy thing to ask for installation; as I stated once before. If I could take the install back I would, it bothered me that much cutting into the factory body panels. They are fine, they work well, they look pretty good...but cutting chunks out of your factory plastic. No way you can tell me they couldn't design around that. Oh well... done now.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Has anyone seen this with the polaris fender flares? My General is a 2020, never wrecked, rolled, bumped, etc. But, it's almost like the tip bed is out of alignment, but it doesn't look out of alignment.
The left side it perfect the right side has a big gap. I do not think there is any adjustability to these, my 2020 had all the holes pre-drilled, so I didn't incorrectly drill a hole. Any thoughts??
Every thing is sold and in place. Not seen this with

View attachment 71466 View attachment 71467

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Totally did not have any issues like that with my install. My bed does not line up perfectly but it is not that bad. Once it is dirty and muddy nobody looks for it anyway.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Yah, not a big deal, I'm just nit-picking I suppose, but it still bothers me a little. It drives well, runs down the road at 60+ nicely the few times I've done that so I suppose it's fairly straight. If you've ever taken a hard look at anything made from Polaris from the underside and/or under the panels you'll find that tight tolerances and precise workmanship is not their forte!

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Agreed totally. Fit and finish is less than one would think considering the price tag. Performance wise I have no issues. Perfectly happy with what the machine delivers on the trails.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts