Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
I just ordered my Polaris OEM XL flares 2884220 a week ago from Rocky Mountain ATV $188 plus $10 tax and free shipping! Unfortunately out of stock and due mid January, but great price! I'm in no hurry since I'm going to add Corbin's Euro turn signal kit, which the bed has to come off for install, so the timing on both should work out fine!

·
Registered
214 Posts
I just ordered my Polaris OEM XL flares 2884220 a week ago from Rocky Mountain ATV $188 plus $10 tax and free shipping! Unfortunately out of stock and due mid January, but great price! I'm in no hurry since I'm going to add Corbin's Euro turn signal kit, which the bed has to come off for install, so the timing on both should work out fine!

That’s a good price. That is for the whole set and just not one side correct??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A little FYI on the Fender Flares, just got back from the deer lease, ran through some mud and water on the roads, big difference, no splatter on the outside and was easy to clean off.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hey guys. I just installed the GrizzzTek fender flares. Here's an intro video (
), and there's a link to my install notes video at the end of that video (or it's accessible via my channel).

I must admit that I do like the look of the OEM flares--and the price point is attractive. However, I can say that the install is much easier with the aftermarket flares (just knowing how they're installed--and having replaced one of my bed flares earlier this year).

If you haven't purchased a set, I would encourage you to review my video commentary. At least consider what the aftermarket has to offer.

Best regards and a Happy New Year!
Ben

·
Registered
724 Posts
Just a quick note I noticed in your video you talked about the misalignment issue between the bed and the cab a couple zip ties and a small hole on the inside of the cab plastic will take care of that for you...simply drill a small hole in the web of the plastic on the inter portion and sip tie it over to the frame bar and tighten until desired alignment is achieved if the tie breaks over time just add on other. Mine has been like this for almost 2years now and still on the original zip tie.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Old thread but here is my .02 worth. Don't do it! What a PIA and the way I had to cut up the factory plastic. I had purchased them so I installed them. But, I would NOT do this again.
I wish I had looked around for some aftermarket one's that didn't require me to cut my factory plastic up.

·
Registered
139 Posts
That's where I got mine. Best price out there, and I used the SXS Blog Associate link at Rocky Mountain to help the guys out. (I love their channel)

·
Registered
2017 General 4
351 Posts
I felt the Polaris XP Fender Flares was an easy install. I do agree with i didn't like cutting the front edge of the plastic rocker panels. However, it did give me more tire clearance so overall happy with the final outcome.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts