Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know know to put on a better antenna for the factory stereo on the deluxe?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Anyone know know to put on a better antenna for the factory stereo on the deluxe?
Im pretty sure that your general came with a manual just for the sound bar. In it shows what all the plugs and wires are for on the passenger side of the stereo. Im sure if you went to Amazon or NAPA parts store you could get a antenna and splice it in. Good luck.:laugh:

·
Registered
50 Posts
You can even check a specialty radio store like the ones that sell Radio Scanners that tow truck drivers, private investigators, etc. they're also the grade of antennas that police and military use which will hold up to the situations some of our Generals will go through ;)

·
Registered
375 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have XM radio in mine, I move the receiver back and forth from my XP 900. A buddy has an SSV system in his RZR and it didn't get very good reception so I just went with XM. If the my XP came with a sound bar I probably wouldn't have bothered with XM.

When we are using both machines I just use the radio bar and I get great reception in the Black Hills Forest (that says a lot!). I'd check your connections on the antenna now, it might have come loose.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Does anyone have the factory MTX manual? My dealer washed my ride before I picked it up, got the glovebox wet. That's where my mtx manual was. The pages glued together, and I have tried for weeks to separate them with no luck. The manual is ruined. I removed the sound bar while installing my windshield, and was able to see the accessory wires. But I don't know what they go to

·
Registered
154 Posts
Does anyone have the factory MTX manual? My dealer washed my ride before I picked it up, got the glovebox wet. That's where my mtx manual was. The pages glued together, and I have tried for weeks to separate them with no luck. The manual is ruined. I removed the sound bar while installing my windshield, and was able to see the accessory wires. But I don't know what they go to
I will take a photo and post it as soon as I get a chance.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I've mentioned this in the past but it's good info so here it is again...for anybody needing a "manual" for the soundbar ask your dealer for the one that comes with the soundbar as an accessory. The one that comes with the Deluxe is useless for anything beyond simply installing it on the machine. Dealer should be able to print one on the spot.

Also, on my machine there are actually 2 "audio line out" style plugs though they are different sizes from each other. Unfortunately my phone had a catastrophic security failure and I lost all my pics. They're on the forum here somewhere.

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Ummmm....forgive me...what antenna?

I have a 2016 General Deluxe, with the sound bar....but I don't see no stinkin' antenna?

Someone post a pic?

Thanks,

Pirate

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
The factory antenna is inside the sound bar! unless you take it off you wont never see it!

Reactions: gmman5

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
That's why I don't see it. Probably never use the radio, gave up on Sirius XM....now just plug an iPod into the 12V outlet in the console, connect by bluetooth...and good to go!

Pirate
if u have a smart phone and your a paying customer of xm radio download the app for sirrus xm to your phone. if your radio has a blue tooth connection and ur phone has blue tooth pair both blue tooths together start the xm app and bingo you have xm radio

1 - 17 of 17 Posts