Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2021 XP G2 Military Tan
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer is offering me a 60 month extended bumper to bumper warranty for $1500… with all the issues of Quality I’ve been hearing about I’m thinking it’s a pretty good buy. Thoughts?

·
Registered
2021 General 4 XP Ride Command
106 Posts
I did it, but everyone is different. My thoughts were $300 a year for peace of mind was a no brainer. But there are a lot of people that would say the other way!

·
Registered
590 Posts
It depends on how you expect to ride it. I'm pretty easy on mine and I have only had one issue in 20,000 miles. The wiring harness but I was way past even an extended warranty. If you plan to drive it hard an extended warranty may be right for you. Maybe check out other companies though. Polaris is a hard sell to get them to cover stuff.

·
Registered
14 Posts
What are the main issues to watch out for with the General's that those have been experiencing? Even a super short bulleted list would be appreciated that I can take to research. Thank you! This is our first recreational SxS. We had a Ranger for property work but it never left or did much.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I paid somewhere in the $1300-1400 for the Guardian Assurance one. So far they have paid out over $4,400 in repairs.

So I came out ahead.

But on my Superduty, I paid $3,400 for the extended powertrain warranty up to 150K miles. Never used it. Win some, lose some.

Reactions: Johnny 7

·
Registered
26 Posts
I paid somewhere in the $1300-1400 for the Guardian Assurance one. So far they have paid out over $4,400 in repairs.

So I came out ahead.

But on my Superduty, I paid $3,400 for the extended powertrain warranty up to 150K miles. Never used it. Win some, lose some.
My dealer is offering me a 60 month extended bumper to bumper warranty for $1500… with all the issues of Quality I’ve been hearing about I’m thinking it’s a pretty good buy. Thoughts?
One other this to consider is dealer service availability. For example most of the dealers here is southeast wisconsin are way behind. Like about 4 weeks. Would be easier and faster to fix it yourself if your a good mechanic.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Wow, I have a 2022 General XP G2 on order and they quoted $2999 for 60 months. I guess if it is like buying an automobile, I guess the cost is negotiable. I’ll have to see what happens when it finally arrives.

·
Registered
2021 XP G2 Military Tan
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow, I have a 2022 General XP G2 on order and they quoted $2999 for 60 months. I guess if it is like buying an automobile, I guess the cost is negotiable. I’ll have to see what happens when it finally arrives.
I wound up buying it and he told me not to tell anyone how much I paid for it… lol. Said he sold it to me at cost cause of how patient and understanding I was when my machine kept getting delayed. I told him I understand that it’s out of his control and a Polaris issue so why yell at him. He said yea most people don’t understand that. They also did my break in service for free. Moral of the story… don’t be sick to the dealer. It’s not there fault Polaris is over committed.

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
Let's see now. Paid for the 2016 General Deluxe on May 7, 1016. So that means my 60 month Polaris extended warranty has expired and it didn't pay for anything. The only possible issue was the axle that snapped between the splined hub section and the threaded axle nut section. Had to be a material flaw. Never heard back from my dealer. Figured Polaris would call it abuse.
Everything else was a "wear issue" as Polaris would call them, and I just fixed them myself.
So I've purchased a 60 month extended warranty on my RXR 800 from RPM1 and a 60 month extended warranty on my General Deluxe from Polaris.

Will I buy another one on my next machine. NO. Just not experiencing the kind of issues that warranty will cover.
And I'm an 'ol Mechanical Engineer that's been busting knuckles on mechanical equipment since age 13. So I have lots of experience figuring things out and fixing them.

Pirate

·
Registered
2021 XP G2 Military Tan
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Let's see now. Paid for the 2016 General Deluxe on May 7, 1016. So that means my 60 month Polaris extended warranty has expired and it didn't pay for anything. The only possible issue was the axle that snapped between the splined hub section and the threaded axle nut section. Had to be a material flaw. Never heard back from my dealer. Figured Polaris would call it abuse.
Everything else was a "wear issue" as Polaris would call them, and I just fixed them myself.
So I've purchased a 60 month extended warranty on my RXR 800 from RPM1 and a 60 month extended warranty on my General Deluxe from Polaris.

Will I buy another one on my next machine. NO. Just not experiencing the kind of issues that warranty will cover.
And I'm an 'ol Mechanical Engineer that's been busting knuckles on mechanical equipment since age 13. So I have lots of experience figuring things out and fixing them.

Pirate
Yea I’m pretty mechanically inclined snd have done everything from transmission and motor replacement to diesel injectors on a LB7 Duramax but my concerns are all the horror stories about issues due to the amount of machines being pumped out right now. Also my warranty is not through Polaris and my dealer said it’s pretty much up to the dealers mechanic to say yes it’s a wear issue or no it’s a warranty issue. They like the business so they lean towards warranty more than Polaris would. I’d never buy a Polaris warranty as I am sure they say everything is from misuse or wear.

·
Registered
2020 XP4
53 Posts
I bought a diamond plan from Revolos and have recently battled a CV joint failure being "worn". They claimed the failure was from wear and tear after 3,000 miles which I argued and "won". They would not fix the check engine light that the dealer told them was from a worn belt (which has less than 400 miles on it). They also denied a carrier bearing that got pounded when the CV joint was binding.

In the end, my $2k plan has been paid for in repair savings and in the remaining 3 years of the plan I expect to have more covered issues- saving me even more $$. If given the choice I would probably not go with Revolos again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts