Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
After pathetic experiences with RPM One...

This machine, I'm not messing with the engine...so I bought the 5-year Polaris extended warranty at time of purchase in May.

I paid $2200 and had the dealer go over it with me so we both understood what would possibly void the warranty...and I'm staying a long way from those items.

Pirate

·
Registered
219 Posts
What did your dealer tell you would void the warranty?
Lift?
A arms?
Reflashed ECU?
Exhaust?
Bigger tires? How big?
Snorkels?
Basically anything that adds fun? I'm just curious because not all dealers are the same. My example would be my dealer will gladly throw on 32" tires on your general before you leave. But other dealers will void a warranty if you were to add forward a arms. Just curious what yours said.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Well, I looked at the warranty document and just about the only thing that would void the warranty is not doing the required maintenance on time and messing with the drivetrain.

Now I've already had JJandA Racing Products go through my Hilliard diff...blueprinting and upgrades. So I'm not worried about it failing, so no warranty issue there.

Since I do my own routine maintenance...oil changes and lube changes....dealer said to keep the receipts. I also take a pic of the right instrument cluster screen to show when I did it and the date on the pic will pretty much match up with the receipt for the oil change kit. I buy lube by the gallon so I keep the receipt and pic of when done.

I've replaced my front A-arms with the SuperATV high clearance A-arms. But don't expect much trouble there. Rear A-arms...left 'em stock but added Factory UTV guards...don't expect much there.

Have the Heater/Defroster Kit and the glass windshield with electric wiper. Had the dealer install both before I picked it up...so they own it.

Have added a good number of electrical accessories, but have very good diagrams that show what goes where, and did them correctly...and that should prevent problems.

So not doing a lot on the General that I did on my 800...so don't think I'll have warranty problems.

I am pretty religious about blowing out the clutches regularly and hoping to avoid problems. But I am noting in my log book when I blow the clutches out and the mileage at the time.

Just a whole bunch of thoughts....

Pirate

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
Under his picture it states his location it says Mio Michigan he is about 80 miles north east of me!

Reactions: Trapper

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Gaylord mi. I think part of it was the fact that I paid up front for my upper doors in January as we all know polaris could not deliver. They still have my 1200.00 for the windows.
The second thing is they are a good dealer. They said that was 50 over there cost.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I paid $1150. For my extended 54 month warranty
Who's warranty?

I paid $800 for the Rider's Advantage from Century for 4 years. Usually sells for $1100 but he sold it to me cheaper for several reasons. One I have bought four rides from him and two he know I will shop around and find the best price before buying

·
Registered
72 Posts
I got the 5 year extended warranty for the Polaris General 4 for $1200. Before purchasing, I read everything I could on here and figured, that warranty may come in handy.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Polaris has been calling about the extended warranty. The six month warranty is a couple of weeks away from ending. Has anyone had better luck getting a lower price through Polaris or through the dealer?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Purchased the Polaris 4 year service contract for $1700 on the last day of the factory warranty. Really had a hard time deciding whether to get it or not. Neither Polaris or the dealer would offer a better price. But, I guess it gives me some peace of mind.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Purchased the Polaris 4 year service contract for $1700 on the last day of the factory warranty. Really had a hard time deciding whether to get it or not. Neither Polaris or the dealer would offer a better price. But, I guess it gives me some peace of mind.
Your first mistake is thinking its a 4 year warrenty! Its retro active back to the day you bought machine. That's how it reads. You should have got them to drop the price of 6 months warrenty off cost right off the start.I paid 1200 for the so called 4 year warrenty.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Well I got on the Rzr site and found a 5 year for $ 1492. Thanks for the tip doodah.
Where did you purchase it at and from? Link?

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
I got the 5 year extended warranty for the Polaris General 4 for $1200. Before purchasing, I read everything I could on here and figured, that warranty may come in handy.
Name of dealer and contact info? Link?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Old tread but l'm looking at rider advantage extended warranty dealer sales other kind but service likes this one have less problems than with Polaris (can get I discount with Polaris still more Han rider)
Said there's a $50 deductible per incident with Polaris and they get pickey sometimes
Can go to any dealer
Anyone have any dealings pro or con with them
Thanks

1 - 20 of 21 Posts