Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Good to know but not too helpful for people with the Base or Premium wanting to install the sound bar now...come on Polaris!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Good to know but not too helpful for people with the Base or Premium wanting to install the sound bar now...come on Polaris!
it will be for all of the generals. all the mtx radios and wiring harness are the same. the wiring harness is just called a deluxe wiring harness.

Reactions: Trapper

·
Registered
826 Posts
Actually, according to the instructions, it's a completely different harness that provides options for "additional lighting and/or audio accessories" instead of the basic harness included with the MTX sound bar. Them calling it a "Deluxe Harness Kit" is misleading since it can be confused with the Deluxe trim level. This harness will likely allow for connections of a some light and you're into the "audio out" plug on the sound bar.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Darn auto correct! That should read "dome light" and "tie into the audio out plug".

·
Registered
152 Posts
I am going to solder in low level connections this weekend. Ain't got time to wait on Polaris!

Reactions: Trapper

·
Registered
152 Posts
Well, I guess I'm waiting for the factory wiring harness. Opened up the top and wire tapped all the wires coming out of sound bar and found that none of them are putting out speaker or pre amp input signals. All the colored ones are putting out a constant 5v's. The blacks are all ground but one. The blue one is putting out 1.5v's. Boo!

·
Registered
826 Posts
Although I didn't test the wires I did see that the sound bar instructions appear to be wrong. There is one more 4-pin plug up there than the instructions show. Both 4-pin plugs have:
1 red wire
1 white wire
2 black wires
The wire gauge is different between the two plugs. At first glance either of these would seem like left/right positive/ground wiring for more speakers. We were in a time crunch to get the iPod plugged in and get the machine back together for a ride so we didn't have time to investigate further. The blue wire should be a "turn-on" trigger for an amplifier. Unfortunate that they appear to be planning to use high-level inputs for the amp instead of standard RCAs. RCAs would be difficult to feed through the ROPS though.:surprise:

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
I was able to locate the connector for the wiring found inside the MTX Soundbar on Amazon. They are called JST 4-POS Tabs with wire seal. You can find both female and male connector versions
Part No. 486184 from NAMZ Custom Cycle Products--via Amazon. I have them in hand and happy to let somebody have them if interested

·
Registered
264 Posts
I was able to locate the connector for the wiring found inside the MTX Soundbar on Amazon. They are called JST 4-POS Tabs with wire seal. You can find both female and male connector versions
Part No. 486184 from NAMZ Custom Cycle Products--via Amazon. I have them in hand and happy to let somebody have them if interested
Does anyone know if we can use those to convert to RCA plugs or just line out wires to hook and amp up?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Have you tried these plugs yet?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts