Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The power of the General is awesome but it's human nature to want more (my nature anyway) lol.

I am thinking of getting an aftermarket flashed ecm or tuner, intake/exhaust and clutch upgrade for a little more power and we all know more power = more fun.

In an unbiased opinion, what is the best combination of engine performance upgrades that you guys are running without having to change internal engine components? I always run 93 octane fuel anyway so this isn't a problem. I would also like for it to be relatively easy to return to stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
219 Posts
I've looked into the same thing you are talking about. Get your pocket book ready.
To make it easiest to take back to stock your looking at $800-$900 for brand new reflashed ECU. Then you keep your stock ECU to change back when needed. I'm looking at full hmf dual exhausts which is in the $900 range. I'll be going with DDP for clutching and they will fine tune for you your clutch for less than $500. $2300 range for all that and I'm sure you could spend tons more in clutching if you wanted(durautch etc..).

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My pocket book is already out. I just wanted to hear from the end users what the best brands were for performance and just as importantly, customer service after the sale.
I can call any company and get a good sales pitch.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I hope you get some real world experience. Sorry I can't help at the moment. May be hard finding multiple guys running different systems as the general has only been out for a little over a year. I'll be watching close to see what people say though.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I have a hard core tuning stage 1 ecu about $830 for new tuned ecu. Dirty dawg performance clutch about 400 something and am very happy with them. Could really feel the improvement on the clutch which I did first and then the ecu that more less raised the speed and rev limiters and I had them set my fan on temp to 195 and off at 185. Both nice improvements but the ecu was a little outrageous on the price.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'm running a Bully Dog programmer and a Bikeman clutch kit. I did the clutch kit because of running 30's and the programmer to access the power the motor makes but isn't available in stock form. It really woke everything up and made a noticeable difference in low end power and throttle response. I paid $1000 and it was well worth it to me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm running a Bully Dog programmer and a Bikeman clutch kit. I did the clutch kit because of running 30's and the programmer to access the power the motor makes but isn't available in stock form. It really woke everything up and made a noticeable difference in low end power and throttle response. I paid $1000 and it was well worth it to me.

Are you still liking this setup? I'm looking at the stage 1 kit and I can't find anywhere that people are running it and what to expect.

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
I know of a 2017 turbo RZR that hit a tree is not good and no insurance has about 1100 miles on it hoping to get it for the motor and ecu if the finance company wont pay the tow bill and storage we have had it for awhile because of police hold would be cool to have a turbo General you all know I like to be different!:grin2:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know of a 2017 turbo RZR that hit a tree is not good and no insurance has about 1100 miles on it hoping to get it for the motor and ecu if the finance company wont pay the tow bill and storage we have had it for awhile because of police hold would be cool to have a turbo General you all know I like to be different!:grin2:

That would be badass!!
Trust me if they made a turbo for this general i would be buying one hahaha. Do you think that would be a easy swap?

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
cant see it being that hard as long as turbo and intake will clear on the General chassie the rest of engine all the same the rest is just swap wire harness and ecu. would think wire harness to be the most hassle but not bad.

Reactions: stackedup

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
No fricken insurance? What the heck are they thinking?

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
You would be surprised of the number of people that don't have insurance on not only UTV/ATVs but cars and trucks they are paying on. then get in an accident and then the finance company don't want the scrap either so we are stuck with it. And just makes it less likely they want it when somebody is hurt or worse killed and police have a hold on it for several months and racks up storage on top of it all.

·
Registered
631 Posts
You would be surprised of the number of people that don't have insurance on not only UTV/ATVs but cars and trucks they are paying on. then get in an accident and then the finance company don't want the scrap either so we are stuck with it. And just makes it less likely they want it when somebody is hurt or worse killed and police have a hold on it for several months and racks up storage on top of it all.
RockinRonnie how long do you keep it before the machines legally become yours? Just curious..

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
Once the hold from the police is removed then the owner or other half or insurance if there is any or finance company can pay any tow bill and storage and can have it ( If there is insurance then bye law the Insurance has to pick it up) if nobody shows interest in it then after 30 days we file abandon vehicle claim and after another 30 days file for a tr52 threw the sheriff dept. and any lean holder and owner are given final chance and after 60 days they issue the tr52. And we can either scrap it or part it. To be retitled we have to offer it threw action witch we hold twice a year. Iv seen police holds last up to a year or more because of law suits and deaths and such. Not 100 percent but I think we have like 160 vehicles not picked up or claimed just this year so far. We use are tow trucks to go get winch out or what ever the situation, pay the Driver and fuel and get noting for it and more times then not get scrap price for the car/truck what ever it is. Yes once in awhile you get a nice one but not really very often.

Reactions: tnessel
1 - 16 of 16 Posts