Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious what some of you other people are using in your engine. From the dealer regular Polaris oil or are you buying like Mobil 1 5w-50?? Thanks :D

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
Mobil 1 in mine

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
On the subject of oil I am not a engine guy I take my bikes into a certified bike mechanic. He is not sure if you do not use Polaris oil and you had a warranty problem related to the engine if it would be covered, if you were not using Polaris oil. Anyone know the answer.

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
as long as the oils you use meet the manufactures recommendations. And you change the fluids at the recommended intervals keep a record space provided in owners manual. They cannot void your warranty. In the owners manual even states on page 62 Polaris recommends the use of Polaris ps-4 5w-50 4 cycle oil or a similar oil.

·
Super Moderator
3,199 Posts
For my first oil change I bought Polaris oil from the dealer, and was kinda surprised, they sold me a K&N oil filter, instead of a Polaris one. Total cost was about $45, so I'll probably be buying the rest of my oil change supplies from my cousin, that manages a local NAPA store.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I run Rotella T6 5W-40 in almost everything I own. Tractors, dozers, excavators, 4 wheelers, lawn mowers, diesel pickup, etc. I'm trying to find a reason not to use it in my new General when the time comes...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts