Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this in the rzr forum. As you may know I'm new to Polaris and the lack of confident gear engagement with the Polaris shifter is hard to get used to. Running cows I am always scared to back up quickly cause it might not be in reverse?!? Hope they make this for general. Or it works in general!!?

New Gated Speed Shifters from EMP

Members save 10% using the coupon code "RZR Forums" when checking out.

RZR "Gated Speed Shifter"

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Erzrforums%2Enet%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Fp%3D3507225&share_tid=302801&share_fid=12598&share_type=t&share_pid=3507225

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
I sent EMP an email regarding this shifter when I saw this post. They replied and said they had no future plans on making this shifter work with the general. That's disappointing. I like that it's gated. Right now the easiest way for me is to pull all the way back to high in a swift motion and pop it up one for low. I used to gradually pull back to find low and had trouble getting low on the first try.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I sent EMP an email regarding this shifter when I saw this post. They replied and said they had no future plans on making this shifter work with the general. That's disappointing. I like that it's gated. Right now the easiest way for me is to pull all the way back to high in a swift motion and pop it up one for low. I used to gradually pull back to find low and had trouble getting low on the first try.
I'm getting better at finding my gears faster but a gated shifter sure would make it fool proof.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am too. But I seems to cringe when I shift to reverse. Not knowing if it's gonna pop in or grind (sorta) or ease backwards. I'm getting faster too but would most definitely purchase this mid it made the shifting more solid. I sent same message. Got same response back as you. Maybe as the general gets more popular and next couple of years the design stays the same?! Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I am too. But I seems to cringe when I shift to reverse. Not knowing if it's gonna pop in or grind (sorta) or ease backwards. I'm getting faster too but would most definitely purchase this mid it made the shifting more solid. I sent same message. Got same response back as you. Maybe as the general gets more popular and next couple of years the design stays the same?! Fingers crossed.

Mine shifts pretty crisply.

·
Registered
759 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
I just emailed trail control so will see what they say. will let you know!

Reactions: MMX
1 - 12 of 12 Posts