Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After only putting 10 hours on my new general I was on a ride and my general suddenly died on me I pulled the seat and I had blown a EFI fuse so I swapped it out and put a new one in I turned the key on and blew the next fuse so after being towed back home I took it in and they said it showed a bad speed sensor and throwing codes so Polaris instructed my dealer to put a new ECM on the unit. Anyone else had any issues like this? Only owned for a month now I hope this doesn't continue trending this way!

·
Super Moderator
1,001 Posts
After only putting 10 hours on my new general I was on a ride and my general suddenly died on me I pulled the seat and I had blown a EFI fuse so I swapped it out and put a new one in I turned the key on and blew the next fuse so after being towed back home I took it in and they said it showed a bad speed sensor and throwing codes so Polaris instructed my dealer to put a new ECM on the unit. Anyone else had any issues like this? Only owned for a month now I hope this doesn't continue trending this way!
Welcome aboard jttabbert:grin2:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well after it set there a week before they got it in it showed a bad speed sensor and a couple codes so Polaris over nighted a new ECM so they are going to swap it out today and I hope to have it back tomorrow so we will see how it goes!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well they put a new ECM in had back for couple weeks running fine and then yesterday slow riding at 9-10mph blew the efi fuse so I let cool off for while swapped fuse and road home. Anyone have any ideas here?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well my parts came in they are changing out the wiring harness now! My mechanic told me Polaris told him they have had 7 units in the US back that 5 were the ECM and that the other two they changed the ECM and then the wiring harness now fine. Let me know what you find out and stay on Polaris emailing and calling if we do maybe they will try to make it right!

·
Registered
49 Posts
My 2016 just started blowing EFI fuses. Did you guys finally gey your fixed? And what did they do? I know this is an old post

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Gents...when something like this pops up out of nowhere...the first thing you've got to learn to do is trace the wiring. For all of you. Changing the wiring harness is crazy hard to do. But finding and fixing a wire that has insulation rubbed through and touching something grounded...much easier. You can to it yourself with the Service Manual wiring diagram. Find it fix it. And in the process learn
a lot about your machine. Will be interested in what ya'll find!
Pirate

1 - 13 of 13 Posts