Polaris General Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
I was told in email the pv3 comes with speed limit gone and rev limit to 9200 also reduces the fan cut in. But I must be doing something wrong because I can't find the tune. I am thinking it wasn't put on. Read my ecu but only shows the stock tune

·
Registered
2020XP4
2,118 Posts
I was told in email the pv3 comes with speed limit gone and rev limit to 9200 also reduces the fan cut in. But I must be doing something wrong because I can't find the tune. I am thinking it wasn't put on. Read my ecu but only shows the stock tune
You may need to go to the Dynojet website and download the tune to your computer. Then upload it to the PV3.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Yup I finally got it Is off of dynojets Website but but haven't had a chance to try it yet it was not easy for an old guy like me To get that tune downloaded. If it wasn't for a video I may not have got it.

·
Registered
2020XP4
2,118 Posts
Yup I finally got it Is off of dynojets Website but but haven't had a chance to try it yet it was not easy for an old guy like me To get that tune downloaded. If it wasn't for a video I may not have got it.
We could walk you through it if you were having too much difficulty. All us young-in techy guys around here. (I'm 47)

·
Registered
2020 general
203 Posts
I have a gilomen. No experience with the others. But i will say that the gilomen just plain works. Ive had tunes in cars and snowmobiles and motorcyles that gave good top end increases but lost or didnt improve low end or mid range. The gilomen is noticeable from right off idle to 80mph.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Ok guys I got a chance to try the PV3, noticeable difference in midrange mostly But feels good all through the power ban. No more hitting the Dam rev limiter or speed limiter. Fan now cuts in at 194 degrees. Reverse limit is also deleted,tried top speed with this tune and hit 81MPH and still climbing before I decided that was fast enough. Very happy with this tune and the support from TJ at Dynojet.

·
Premium Member
2016 Polaris General Deluxe, 10% OEM
4,813 Posts
Rake1, for even better cooling, break down and buy a UTV Inc Fan Override kit. I have their switch in the dash. Flip it on, so the radiator fan is running just as we leave camp. Its on all the time, unless we stop. Then back on until we get back to camp. Just installed a MTNFT blowhole fan. Wired it to the relay for the Fan Override kit. So both only run when the switch is flipped "ON".
Pirate

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was going to get the Dynojet and put a Gilomen tune on it I see it's an option but $400 for a tune ouch AA is only $95 for the tune. Gilomens tune cost 4 times more than what i pay for tunes on my diesel. Im sure its good but cant be that good.

·
Registered
2020 General XP 1000 Deluxe/RC/Stage 4 RF
1,303 Posts
I was going to get the Dynojet and put a Gilomen tune on it I see it's an option but $400 for a tune ouch AA is only $95 for the tune. Gilomens tune cost 4 times more than what i pay for tunes on my diesel. Im sure its good but cant be that good.
95 IF you already have the PV3......

·
Registered
204 Posts
Rake1, for even better cooling, break down and buy a UTV Inc Fan Override kit. I have their switch in the dash. Flip it on, so the radiator fan is running just as we leave camp. Its on all the time, unless we stop. Then back on until we get back to camp. Just installed a MTNFT blowhole fan. Wired it to the relay for the Fan Override kit. So both only run when the switch is flipped "ON".
Pirate
Thanks Pirate I will consider that idea, not as big a deal for me in Nova Scotia as we don't get as hot as you you guys down south, but that being said we do seem to be getting warmer temps the last few years. Thanks for the info

21 - 38 of 38 Posts