Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2022 General 4 Deluxe W/ RC
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanting to tune my 22’ general 4. Having a hard time deciding between EVO or the dyno jet? PROS or CONS of either?
Thanks

·
Registered
2020 General XP 1000 Deluxe/RC/Stage 4 RF
1,303 Posts
Dyno(PV3), with AA tune, then to get all the benifits, Dalton clutch kit and secondary rollers. An ECU tune requires down time for shipping unless you plan on buying a new ECU. PV3 let’s YOU tune your machine in about 20 minutes. YOU can go back to stock or another tune anytime YOU wish. It can also be mounted as an extra gauge, data log, change tire size in the future for correct speedo, read and clear codes. I personally plan on getting the winter tune later this fall. I believe the tunes are kinda close on what they do but I read AA is the better performing tune, but I have no personal experience with EVO. I believe ALL tunes require premium gas….on that note, we do not sell hardy any premium gas here so it is of lower quality than expected. I was told this from Justin at Black Bear when I was data logging for a tune on my truck, so keep that in mind(he was watching the timing curves). So on that note, I do run RP Max Boost octane booster with my tune(adds cost per tank)…..but I will tell you, AA/Dalton combo doesn’t feel like the machine I bought at all, all around better at everything!!!

·
Premium Member
2016 Polaris General Deluxe, 10% OEM
4,813 Posts
Oh well. I'm an absolute fan of the Gilomen Innovations ECU program. You can't change anything. But what you get doesn't need any further tuning.
I don't have to think about what might be a little better...nope just plug and play. Cost difference? Haven't taken the time to look.
Terry Gilomen was, I'm pretty sure, the first to offer a solution to the Misfire Detection issue. All the other improvements you can read on the website.
Just want to enjoy my General.
Pirate

·
Registered
2020XP4
2,118 Posts
You can also get a belt temp monitor that plugs into the Power Vision 3 and then you can monitor belt temps on the pv3 display too. I'm looking at getting one.

·
Registered
2022 General 4 Deluxe W/ RC
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You can also get a belt temp monitor that plugs into the Power Vision 3 and then you can monitor belt temps on the pv3 display too. I'm looking at getting one.

Been wanting to add a belt temp sensor as well….. I think you, along with all others have sold me on the Dynojet and AA tune. Especially already have the AA muffler.

·
Registered
2021 general deluxe, 2 seat
135 Posts
Dyno(PV3), with AA tune, then to get all the benifits, Dalton clutch kit and secondary rollers. An ECU tune requires down time for shipping unless you plan on buying a new ECU. PV3 let’s YOU tune your machine in about 20 minutes. YOU can go back to stock or another tune anytime YOU wish. It can also be mounted as an extra gauge, data log, change tire size in the future for correct speedo, read and clear codes. I personally plan on getting the winter tune later this fall. I believe the tunes are kinda close on what they do but I read AA is the better performing tune, but I have no personal experience with EVO. I believe ALL tunes require premium gas….on that note, we do not sell hardy any premium gas here so it is of lower quality than expected. I was told this from Justin at Black Bear when I was data logging for a tune on my truck, so keep that in mind(he was watching the timing curves). So on that note, I do run RP Max Boost octane booster with my tune(adds cost per tank)…..but I will tell you, AA/Dalton combo doesn’t feel like the machine I bought at all, all around better at everything!!!
Gilomen says you can run "pump gas". I emailed Gilomen tech support and they said 87 octane is fine.

·
Premium Member
4,813 Posts
That is correct. Polaris recommends using mid-grade or 87 octane gas. Now Terry has richened the mixture a bit to make the coolant temp run about 10 degrees cooler. We'll all take that!
Of course that makes the engine run better too!
Pirate

·
Registered
204 Posts
I just got the Dynojet PV3 for my 2020 general completely stock machine will be putting the tune that comes with it on shortly. I was basically looking to get ride of the speed and rev limiter which I am told this will do. But my question is did any of you find a better tune on their website that I should be looking at? Keep in mind I am stock but if there is a tune for stock that is better I would love to know. Hope I am not Hijacking the thread here.

·
Registered
2018 Polaris General 1000 Ride Comand
357 Posts
The tune you download from Dynojet after giving them your stock txt file is the only one you can get as far as I know. I took it and opened it up in the Power Core software and made some of my own changes. Especially changed the speedometer to run correctly with my 30" tires.
But I installed a Duraclutch and it triggered a Misfire Detection code so I paid to get a Aftermarket Assassins tune. Much stronger.

·
Premium Member
4,813 Posts
Rake1,
Does the tune you got include detuning the Misfire Detection?
Did it eliminate the need for the seatbelt override?
Does it richen the mixture a bit to lower the running coolant temp 10 degrees?
Curious.
Pirate

1 - 20 of 38 Posts