Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what if any e-brake upgrades are available for the General. I've emailed a few of the aftermarket vendors that offer kits for the other polaris machines. EMP is the only one who replied thus far and his kit doesnt fit. I'm likely going with the pawlprotector and will make my own mount unless someone can direct me otherwise.

·
Registered
375 Posts
what if any e-brake upgrades are available for the General. I've emailed a few of the aftermarket vendors that offer kits for the other polaris machines. EMP is the only one who replied thus far and his kit doesnt fit. I'm likely going with the pawlprotector and will make my own mount unless someone can direct me otherwise.

I used to work at a company that came under MSHA (mining) rules instead of OSHA. One requirement was that all vehicles have a dedicated parking brake. We used to put these on the POS mechanics trucks as they lasted a lot longer than factory parking brake.

We mounted them to the dash, and just spliced into the rear brake lines. To use them, you come to a stop, release the brakes. apply the brakes again and push the button. To release, just apply the brakes and it automatically releases. The only issue we ever had with them is if you use the brakes to stop and push the button, it can be hard to get them to unlock. That's why we would stop, let off the brakes, then apply them again to lock. Doing that, it worked like a champ.

Jamar Hydraulic Line Lock

Tim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts