Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I made some extra dual battery trays for General 1000's. I think they will fit all 2 seater 2016-2019 (Mine is a 2017), I am not sure about General 4 or General XP. I can take measurements on these brackets if someone wanted to check.

These brackets bolt to your frame (no drilling needed) and hold the PC925 battery. You can see my original build from a few years ago here:

I have since refined the bracket for a nicer finish. These will be provided bare finish so you can rattle can or powder coat colour of your choosing.

$160 each plus shipping. PM me your zip code and I can get a quote. Coming out of Canada but there is a business here that will transport across the border and ship USPS from WA state. Not looking to get rich off these, struggled to come up with a price that meshes with my time and material used, enjoy making stuff and if it helps others, great.

IMG_1433.jpg bracket3.jpg bracket1.jpg

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
That looks really good T4. Congrats on that and also looks really stout.

Reactions: toy4wd

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
I made some extra dual battery trays for General 1000's. I think they will fit all 2 seater 2016-2019 (Mine is a 2017), I am not sure about General 4 or General XP. I can take measurements on these brackets if someone wanted to check.

These brackets bolt to your frame (no drilling needed) and hold the PC925 battery. You can see my original build from a few years ago here:

I have since refined the bracket for a nicer finish. These will be provided bare finish so you can rattle can or powder coat colour of your choosing.

$160 each plus shipping. PM me your zip code and I can get a quote. Coming out of Canada but there is a business here that will transport across the border and ship USPS from WA state. Not looking to get rich off these, struggled to come up with a price that meshes with my time and material used, enjoy making stuff and if it helps others, great.

If you want to save a few bucks and do the final welding/assembly yourself I can provide the pieces IKEA style (flat pack). PM for pricing.
View attachment 69256 View attachment 69257 View attachment 69258
Curious, what do you cut the pieces on? I have a PlasmaCam for my pieces like this.
Very nice design!
Pirate

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Curious, what do you cut the pieces on? I have a PlasmaCam for my pieces like this.
Very nice design!
Pirate
Thanks,
I have an Arclight Dynamics 4x4 table. Makes fabricating more interesting. Still just an amateur though. We should start a thread for interesting fabrication projects :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Current batch is sold. Awaiting word on if they fit the General XP.
Any more interest and I will make another small batch before I put my General back together (mine is acting as the welding jig for those 2 vertical mounting links, very odd angles)

·
Registered
2018 General 2 Deluxe
5 Posts

View attachment 69256 View attachment 69257 View attachment 69258
I would be interested, BC Canada

V0H1Z0

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have a 4 seater did anyone see if they fit yet? its bout that time for a second battery

·
Registered
10 Posts
Current batch is sold. Awaiting word on if they fit the General XP.
Any more interest and I will make another small batch before I put my General back together (mine is acting as the welding jig for those 2 vertical mounting links, very odd angles)
If you are still making them I am highly interested in getting one

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you are still making them I am highly interested in getting one
What machine do you have? Only have proof of fit for original G2, not sure about G4 or XP

·
Registered
10 Posts
What machine do you have? Only have proof of fit for original G2, not sure about G4 or XP
I do have a g4 however if it doesn’t fit it would still be 90% of work and I can modify to fit your set up is the only design out there so if I have to make brackets for it still better than starting from scratch or if it does fit I can verify for you thanks

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I do have a g4 however if it doesn’t fit it would still be 90% of work and I can modify to fit your set up is the only design out there so if I have to make brackets for it still better than starting from scratch or if it does fit I can verify for you thanks
I will probably start on another small run next week.
What is under the G4 rear seat, drivers side? I was looking at the exploded view of the frames and the only similar brackets are under that rear seat.
G4.jpg
Here is where the bracket mounts in a G2
G2location.jpg

Message me if you want one with the vertical brackets not welded on, or just tacked on. Most likely not getting started until middle of next week.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I will probably start on another small run next week.
What is under the G4 rear seat, drivers side? I was looking at the exploded view of the frames and the only similar brackets are under that rear seat.
View attachment 70281
Here is where the bracket mounts in a G2
View attachment 70282

Message me if you want one with the vertical brackets not welded on, or just tacked on. Most likely not getting started until middle of next week.
The existing battery is under back seat drivers side your pics on your original thread where you first made yours look like my back seat I will take a couple pics tomorrow and post them for reference in everything I have seen my sack seat is your front seat

1 - 20 of 30 Posts