Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Exactly what tranny is in the General?
Do you need the alignment tool to reinstall?

Put a lift and new control arms on, and now wanting to regear the tranny for the 32 inch tires.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Call turner cycles. Pretty sure they have a gear reduction for the general as well as superatv. I wouldn't think you would need a reduction for 32's. Maybe just some good clutching. My concern would be reverse chain before gearing

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
Welcome to the site Helimech1981! And to General ownership its a great ride!

Reactions: Trapper

·
Registered
514 Posts
Just in case someone is looking at gear reduction, you can buy the 570 gears for a ~12% reduction, the Ace 375 gears for a ~25% reduction. Way cheaper than Turner or Super ATV.

Video: https://youtu.be/3P0JtGo184M

Also, I guess there is a new 900 or 1000 rock crawling edition RZR with just the low range reduced.

Thread here: http://www.rzrforums.net/showthread.php?t=364209

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
129 Posts
25% gear reduction and geared reverse would sure be nice. When I get a 4 seater my thought was to pull the transmission immediately, eliminate turf mode, upgrade reverse chain or go geared reverse if possible, and gear reduction. Should make for a pretty reliable setup.

I wonder if the G4 is geared lower than the G2?

·
Registered
69 Posts
25% gear reduction and geared reverse would sure be nice. When I get a 4 seater my thought was to pull the transmission immediately, eliminate turf mode, upgrade reverse chain or go geared reverse if possible, and gear reduction. Should make for a pretty reliable setup.

I wonder if the G4 is geared lower than the G2?

Thats a very good idea. That is what I am doing now. I am having to rebuild tranny on mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts