Polaris General Forum banner

Drive Shaft

3K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  Derek0525 
#1 ·
Is there supposed to be a boot on the drive shaft where it goes into the trans? Took cover off to clean out clutches and noticed grease everywhere. Only got 140 miles on it.
Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel

See less See more
#4 ·

#8 · (Edited)
The grease doesn't go into the boot... that's a sealed (with the rubber boot) CV joint. The grease zerk in the pic simply greases the trans out put shaft so the driveshaft can float on the out put shaft...

To the OP it looks like the clamp is on the small part of the driveshaft, but I don't see it on the large part. Maybe the big clamp broke and all you need is the clamp?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

#15 ·
Derek,
Ummm...not sure what year your machine is...the danged recall for the steering fastener was a troll to get your machine in. Then they reprogram the ECU and give you the Misfire Detection...which
can be a real PITA!!!
Tell then to forget reprogramming the ECU!!!
The CV Joint pictured is different type. It has the internal rubber boot. My first set of CV Joint driveshafts were from CCI Driveline. Had an experience like yours. Contacted them, sent them back, replaced the CV Joints with those having the type boot we're used to. No a problem since.
Pirate

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.