Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So anyone else lose theirs?
My driver side plug is already MIA. Any tips on keeping them in before I order a couple more of em?
Maybe some bicycle inner tube as a gasket to provide some friction?
And of course Polaris didnt design a plug that wouldnt fall through the same hole it was supposed to be plugging.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Oring help

I know it's been mentioned but for those looking at doing the o-ring fix (everyone should) you need a 1/8" thick 1-1/2" id o-ring. Local hardware store should have them for under a buck.
We had looked at machining plugs with a larger od on the top so they would not be able to fall out it left lose, but sense the perfect fix cost under a buck we decided against it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I know it's been mentioned but for those looking at doing the o-ring fix (everyone should) you need a 1/8" thick 1-1/2" id o-ring. Local hardware store should have them for under a buck.
We had looked at machining plugs with a larger od on the top so they would not be able to fall out it left lose, but sense the perfect fix cost under a buck we decided against it.
Thank yo for the picture I posted the fix along with others but it was never explained as well as you did with this picture. >:)

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
Mine is mounted from top, so far haven't lost it, but I like the idea of the o-ring to make the plug more secure.

Is this something they changed for 17 ? Mine fits some what snug and mount from top?

·
Registered
826 Posts
Just heat the ears on the plug a little with a torch or heat gun take a pliers and bend them down some and let them cool. They will fit good and tight and actually turn hard. I had to use a pliers to turn mine into place but they are not gonna fall out.
This is what I did but instead of pliers I just heated the ears and pressed it down on the shop floor and let it cool. Nice and snug now.

·
Registered
264 Posts
found both of mine when I changed my skid plate to a trail armor. Going to get some o rings.

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Thought we lost one in July...first trip. Bought two from CheapCycleParts.com

Doing a bit of a mod to my Rokblokz mud flaps...and there the lost plug is sitting on top of the skid plate right behind the front frame tube.

I'll have to follow the fix...

Pirate

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
This fix works perfectly! Makes it a good bit more difficult to turn the plug...but who cares? At clean up time use a pair of pliers.

At my Ace Hdwe the correct O-ring is:

Danco Stock No. 35879B

Just sayin'

Pirate

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2019 and mine fell through the first time I rode it around the yard. Def going with the O-ring fix. Thanks for the advice

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Trapper,

Excellent comment!!!

As they say "A picture is worth a thousand words."

And,

"This post isn't worth S**t without pics."

Something we all need to keep in mind. And if ya don't know how to post pics...just ask!!

Pirate

1 - 20 of 27 Posts