Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FINALLY got to go for a ride. i love the Ozark / Ouachita forests. to me very hatfield & mccoy style riding. we stayed at macs pines just above dover ar. great campground and greg is the best host. we were there 27-30 jul. texas has been HOT and DRY, and fri and sat arkansas had to get a good 4-5 in of rain (while back in tx we got none). the rain made the trails perfect, no dust and not sloppy muddy and temps in the 80s. did not want to come home, can't wait to go back. friday we did a 120 mile loop out to the Oark store for some killer burgers and pie. cool stops along the way were the union schoolhouse (1929), bubs cabin and strawberry bluff. and got to see "bigfoot's foot print" (last pic). allegedly - there is a fossilized footprint in the rock that even "experts" cannot identify. solid proof that bigfoot exists!! we were in the heart of arkansas!! regardless of what it is, it does greatly resemble a LARGE foot print and is pretty cool to see. i whish i tad taken a pic of my foot beside it for reference. probably a size 14 or bigger and WIDE!

Ecoregion Map World Atlas Line

Sky Building Property Window House

Plant Property Tree Wood Sky

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Plant

Cloud Sky Plant Plant community Ecoregion

Shorts Leg Plant Bedrock Formation

Water Plant community Ecoregion Natural landscape Fluvial landforms of streams

Water Road surface Sunlight Asphalt Puddle

Attachments

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
Nice pics and thanks for posting.
Looks like a great place for a ride with nice scenery.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is that last picture a Sasquatch print???? Looks very cool….
well that is the claim to the attraction. i think it is interesting as to what it might be. if it is a actual footprint, then how old it is, how it got there, etc. it is in solid rock. there are actually 2 additional prints, one being quite smaller. and then who was the first to find them and how? could be 50 years ago redkneck bob went there with a hammer and chisel . they are WELL off the main path. i seriously doubt you would find these by accident. like i said, whatever it is i think it was cool to see.

Reactions: Johnny 7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts