Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a set of Polaris door tops for my 22 general, do this things fit good or do you have to bend a twist a bit to make the follow the rops? They seem to fit good but at the back there’s a gap , any advice would be great

·
Registered
2022 Xp 4
174 Posts
Installed mine yesterday on my XP4. It was an 8 hour ordeal . Alot of install , look , remove , tweak , reinstall . Driver front I actually removed the fabric/ window and cut 1/2" out of the front of the frrame and rewelded it to fit better .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Installed mine yesterday on my XP4. It was an 8 hour ordeal . Alot of install , look , remove , tweak , reinstall . Driver front I actually removed the fabric/ window and cut 1/2" out of the front of the frrame and rewelded it to fit better .
I was worried about that …. They fit but they sure are not perfect or close . Looks like I have to cut the A Piller plaste too , the windshield bracket is in the way

·
Registered
2022 Xp 4
174 Posts
I was worried about that …. They fit but they sure are not perfect or close . Looks like I have to cut the A Piller plaste too , the windshield bracket is in the way
I had to trim mine also , wasn't the Window bracket though. My Siezmik mirror brackets wouldn't allow them to go on . Had to trim the plastic and bend out the brackets . The installation really isn't bad just all the fitment needs tweaked . I measured and layed out a bunch before drilling the 1st hole . After getting them fit just right though I'm glad I went Polaris . You installing on a 4 seat or 2 ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had to trim mine also , wasn't the Window bracket though. My Siezmik mirror brackets wouldn't allow them to go on . Had to trim the plastic and bend out the brackets . The installation really isn't bad just all the fitment needs tweaked . I measured and layed out a bunch before drilling the 1st hole . After getting them fit just right though I'm glad I went Polaris . You installing on a 4 seat or 2 ?
Mine is a two door , the installation was easy just getting them to fit perfectly is the only issue . I bought Polaris thinking it would fit perfectly but I come to realize that it fits just as good as a soft top on a jeep . There’s a little gap at the top closest to the back but thinking with some bending it should work nice .

·
Registered
Super Graphite 2021 XP 1000 Deluxe with RC
230 Posts
I had to bend the Polaris upper door frame and adjust the lower doors to get everything to seal up correctly. I cut notches in the inner A-pillar plastic pieces where the windshield clamps fit around the ROPS. I also formed the loose ends of the rubber seals to follow the upper door skin and attached them to the fabric with gorilla glue. It now seals up quite well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts