Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know why/how to fix doors that separate at the top? Every time I close my doors they separate and I have to squeeze them back together. They also don't seem to fit great. Is there a good way to adjust this? I also have the drivers side door that chirps and squeaks when the road is bumpy. The other one is at least quiet. This is really the only problem I have with my machine. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Does anyone know why/how to fix doors that separate at the top? Every time I close my doors they separate and I have to squeeze them back together. They also don't seem to fit great. Is there a good way to adjust this? I also have the drivers side door that chirps and squeaks when the road is bumpy. The other one is at least quiet. This is really the only problem I have with my machine. Thanks in advance.

I have the same issue With my drivers door. Read somewhere on here that Polaris will fix the plastic in 30 days. Went to dealer inside 30 days and they didn't know about the 30 day rule and told me to come back after July 4th (which is well over 30 days). Suppose to run it by and show them Thursday so they can photo problem and inquire.

For the record I'm speaking specifically of the plastic separating when I close door and having to "snap" it back together. Mine were terribly out of line when I got them and the inside door latch was loose. I lined them up. And door latch worked loose again on both sides. Loctited this time. So we see?!?!?

Goodluck. I'll post my experience with dealer later this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
408 Posts
Mine separates as well. My dealer told met he plastic is only warranted for 30 days but they may be full of it. I don't have any confidence it would be fixed anyway.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Door hinges

I took my Blue General in and had the hinge pins replaced with the new upgraded bolts they ordered. I rode 70 miles today and it was the first time I could open my door from inside. I have close to 1500 miles. :grin2:

·
Registered
147 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,165 Posts
I will bet they will be built that way from now on!

·
Super Moderator
4,165 Posts
After looking at Randys picture post #11 above the front screw is already there but the one behind the door handle is a new one my 17 also has the front one already then one in the upper rear of the inner door but not the one just behind the inner door latch

·
Registered
35 Posts
I did a fix, we'll see how long it lasts. I separated the panel at the top, applied heat from a heat gun on the curve area. Was surprised to see it curl inward to bring the clippy thing closer and then applied a silicone adhesive and clamped them together. It held up to 60 miles of trails yesterday so far. I do like the dealer installed clip and bolt. Hmm close to the grab handle on the passenger side. I was wondering if that is why it does not separate as far as the drivers.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Racer, can you get a TSB # from your dealer so the rest of us can take that in to ours as a reference?

sdfireman, it was the passenger door on mine that had the worst separation.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I checked out a general 4 at the dealer yesterday and 1 of the back doors you could not open unless you really really pushed in hard first. I am scared most dealers just dont know or care? Any other general 4 rear door issues?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts