Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi!
Some people ask picture of my ride!
I got my UTV this thursday and there's already 300km on the odo.
It's my first UTV, I used own a Banshee, back in the days. But getting older, getting a house on the seaside, out of the city, in a northen town in Quebec (Port-Cartier, Qc), I need something to work (plow a lot of slow and cut wood to heat the garage, make firecamp, leveling the driveway, etc.). My gf have to be able to used it, and don't smell gas at work after plowing. I can't choose a machine that wasn't performant so... I've bought a General! Deluxe!!

I often do firecamp on the beach so the MTX soundbar was a great option, and I enjoy ride hard. Fox suspension was a must. in winter temperature can reach easily -30°C so I need the top, door and heating.
I've equiped it with a polaris plow and track too!
To enjoy the ride, glass front and rear windshield and the wiper kit were added.
front, side and rear bumper too

next step is a 30" led bar on top, 10" on the front bumper and two work light in the back.

I'm still waiting for almost all my option, it was coming on a freight truck (track and plow was too big to come by standard delivery)

I already have an adventure with it. I've decided to bring the General home on his wheel. the dealer is around 1h from my home. But I stay stuck in a peat moss and get home at 3:30 am, on a week day... -_-

be indulgent, english is not my primary language.

I was waiting to get it fully equiped before posting pic, but some people ask me to put some, soo..:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
(For those who ask, it's St-Lawrence River in background, Qc, Canada. There will be a lot pf snow here this winter!)

Before:

After:

A little cutting and buffing is needed when installing the plow mounting plate (at least with the dlx trim...)

Indoor with wiper and heated cab

A few dirty pics

Parts to be installed:

...to be continued!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Installed 32" Kawell curved led bar on top, 10" led bar in front bumper and 2X4" working light in the back.. I looooove it!
Add some Lamin-X to add a lil warm tone to my flood light

Before
(The result is really better in real life than in picture)

After

·
Super Moderator
4,165 Posts
WOW very nice
would love to have a set of tracks. have a friend that has a set on a ranger and dang near unstoppable!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I wish we could do it too in quebec... ill have to do my own trail around the house.
There thousand of km of federal land next to my home

Envoyé de mon SM-G930W8 en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I wish we could do it too in quebec... ill have to do my own trail around the house.
There thousand of km of federal land next to my home

Envoyé de mon SM-G930W8 en utilisant Tapatalk
We can't ride the general on federal land only the smaller 50" SxS and then only certain trails. No only state land for the General.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I mean.. I live here (red position). There's no other city than those on the map.
Here we can ride 62" wide in the atv/utv club. There's 180km in the local club, but only in summer (and at least 3 time of trail that aren't in any club, on federal land, probably done by hunter and local atv and motocross riders that don't want to pay clubs fee)
But with thousand of square km of public land, i can do my little trail network to have some fun.
There's not a lot of trees, its more swamp, rock and lot of sand under the snow, so when there's few feet of snow, its literay a snow desert.
A great playground for a utv with track!
...but i've bought it to plow the driveway. With the wind and the snow coming from the sea, I need something reliable and that don't fear to work hard :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've called the dealer this afternoon and he said that Polaris have something to fix it. It was originally in the RZR parts catalog but now it's in the General's too.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts