Polaris General Forum banner
21 - 40 of 70 Posts
Constant price hikes and another 5% coming soon. And it looks like polaris is applying price hikes based on delivery date, not order date. This didn't use to be the case. Times they are a changin
Reading some of the more recent posts, that must be the case. When we ordered our G4 Aug 1 2021, the deal was you locked in your price when you ordered it. When we picked it up dec 24, that held true. Im not sure when that changed. Ingman is right, its not fair to have to order a machine at a certain price, then on delivery 5 months later, the price jumps to wherever inflation has taken it. Very unsettling times we find ourselves in.

Reading some of the more recent posts, that must be the case. When we ordered our G4 Aug 1 2021, the deal was you locked in your price when you ordered it. When we picked it up dec 24, that held true. Im not sure when that changed. Ingman is right, its not fair to have to order a machine at a certain price, then on delivery 5 months later, the price jumps to wherever inflation has taken it. Very unsettling times we find ourselves in.
I was told that Polaris announced in November, that any price increases after that would depend on ship date and not order date. I completely agree that is not fair to customers, but I guess there is no incentive for them to stop if people keep buying them, and I am one of those people.

@KineKilla, curious what Dealer you ended up getting your rig from? As for accessories, last fall when everyone was backordered on the Polaris uppers, I called my Dealer's Parts Dept, and found they had just received in a set of uppers. I went there to get it, and asked if I could get a discount since I bought my machine there. The Parts manager said they usually don't offer a discount, but he gave me 10% off anyway, which on the uppers, is some good change.

I was told that Polaris announced in November, that any price increases after that would depend on ship date and not order date. I completely agree that is not fair to customers, but I guess there is no incentive for them to stop if people keep buying them, and I am one of those people.
Exactly!

There was a time not long ago where dealers were vying for your business. They'd negotiate, discount, etc.

Now however they have all the power because if you want it and they have it, they know you can't go anywhere else to get it.

I am driving a couple hours from home this week to pick up my can heater from a dealer that was willing to give me a discount. I will do everything I can to avoid buying anything from where I bought my machine.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

@KineKilla, curious what Dealer you ended up getting your rig from? As for accessories, last fall when everyone was backordered on the Polaris uppers, I called my Dealer's Parts Dept, and found they had just received in a set of uppers. I went there to get it, and asked if I could get a discount since I bought my machine there. The Parts manager said they usually don't offer a discount, but he gave me 10% off anyway, which on the uppers, is some good change.
I won't put their name out here just yet. They still have my machine in for warranty work and I do want it fixed and returned someday.

You can shoot me a PM and I'll tell you.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Our dealer installs all of our accessories for free when we buy our machines from him. I don't have them install our blinkers/strobe lights though, as they get put in the way I want it put in. You start figuring in a heater everytime and all the other accessories and at $120-$150 an hour shop time, it adds up to quite a savings.

Reactions: lueck89
Our dealer installs all of our accessories for free when we buy our machines from him.
X 2... the only thing my dealer charged me to install at time of purchase was the heater. That was $500. I told him he could have that 8-10 hr job for that price!!! I even get 15% off accessories or something like that at time of purchase. Sounds like some guys have really greedy dealers in their area....

I also just purchased polaris uppers (4 months after my xp purchase) from my dealer. Charged $150 to install them. Figured that was a **** of a deal too, that way all I gotta do is final adjustments. If the dealer messed up the doors from drilling in the wrong spot that's on them then!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

A dealer in Missouri wanted to charge me $3001 in paperwork and setup fees, when I questioned about it, they said take it or leave it the next guy will pay it. So I left it and 12 hours later bought the same machine at another dealer for less than MSRP and no extra fees.

Greetings from the West Texas town of El Paso and welcome to the support group!

• Haha
Reactions: Rough Company
21 - 40 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.