Polaris General Forum banner

Documenting the journey

6K views 69 replies 18 participants last post by  Papermaker 
#1 · (Edited)
Just put $500 down on a '22 XP4 Deluxe Black Crystal through Shawnee Polaris.
MSRP= $29,599
Set up and doc = $988
Freight = $500
Total = $31,087

We'll see how long it takes.

Discussion starter · #11 ·
And now I find out the dealership hasn't even been given their allotments yet.....

And price is based on today's MSRP. If it goes up before delivery, that will be the price....

Beginning to think I should just buy a used Jeep Cherokee for 6k and be done with it.

Discussion starter · #44 ·
So Here I'll be keeping a running list of all of the things I've done, experiences had, etc.

So far, I have added the SuperATV Flip up windshield and tinted back glass.
as well as the WD Electronics Turn Signal kit with horn.
Added my magnetic phone mount to the dash.

I've added the recovery and flat tire kits in the storage under the front seats.

Still breaking it in. Have taken it to Thunder Valley Raceway, which is about 2 miles from my house and around my neighborhood a few times.
All highway/residential varying the RPM's in low and high.

Discussion starter · #47 ·
Now you've got your General! Measure it in all dimensions before you go trailer shopping. Or better yet, rent the U-Haul and take it to where
the trailers you are interested in... Then you can visually see how your machine will fit.
You want plenty of room!!!
Pirate
Thanks Pirate. As little as I will use a trailer (getting it tagged tomorrow) I just rent the U-hauls and wear out their tires.

The only place I will trailer it is if it's somewhere more than 100 miles away or I have to get on the interstate with it.
Other than that, it's more cost effective to U-haul it.

Discussion starter · #48 · (Edited)
Installed all of the rocker switches for the lights I will install later.
Wired and installed the front bumper light bars and pod lights (ditch lights),
added 4x USB charging ports and one USB-C.
added the Fire extinguisher with quick release mount
two hard sunglass' cases
Have about 70 miles on it. (All paved roads.😁)

Discussion starter · #51 ·
And you still have credit available on your CC? What are you waiting for???
Have you put on a 3 - piece Factory UTV skid plate set? That ought to be right a the top of the list! I have a post on here explaining the best way to install them.

Ah, fire extinguishers. What type did you get? Dry powder? There are Halotron, safer than Halon, that are a fire extinguishing gas it displaces air and temperature. But leave behind none of
the dry powder mess. About $120, but well worth it. If you get one, put the dry powder in the trailer.

Got a set of the Seizmik Pursuit mirrors? And the Mirror Mounts for Polaris Pro-Fit.? Lots of options. But something necessary.

Just a few thoughts,
Pirate
Thanks Pirate.

Won't be doing a lot of actual off-roading (light "easy" trails, backroads, etc.) so the factory skid plate is more than enough.
It's a dry 30.00 canister, only for out of control camp-fires. (if the buggy lights up, I have full-coverage. I made sure it's covered)
I put $40 Kemi-Moto mirrors and $25 pillar mounts as paying $100 for side mirrors is a bit much IMO.

She's getting there.

Next is the rooftop 42" lightbar and rear flush-mounts for the roof.
then Kolpin rear equipment rack.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.