Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
Doc fees just really trip my trigger. Biggest rip-off there is. Give me the paperwork and I do my own licensing and titling.
Refuse to pay it, if they insist I tell them to bury it somewhere else or I shop elsewhere. Maybe I am too old fashioned!

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
This is what I was quoted at one dealer in late 2020. Needless to say, I took my business elsewhere.

2021 General XP2 1000 Pursuit Edition (non-RC)
• Price $23,999.00
• Freight $1,297.63
• Assembly $988.00
• Doc & Lic $644.95
• Tax $2,214.53
Total OTD $29,144.11

·
Registered
2022 General XP
198 Posts
Doc fees just really trip my trigger. Biggest rip-off there is. Give me the paperwork and I do my own licensing and titling.
Refuse to pay it, if they insist I tell them to bury it somewhere else or I shop elsewhere. Maybe I am too old fashioned!
I can beat that in Utah we got charged 4 bucks for tire recycling. Even though I didn’t have old tires to recycle.

·
Registered
2022 General XP Deluxe
121 Posts
The dealer just charged me a $200 fee on top of the machine. Wish it was like 2019. One dealer then was trying to sell me an xp4 for $19,000, or an Rzr xp4 for $18,100. My wife told me no, and now I like to rub it in how wrong she was.

·
Registered
2022 G4 XP Deluxe General Misconduct
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And now I find out the dealership hasn't even been given their allotments yet.....

And price is based on today's MSRP. If it goes up before delivery, that will be the price....

Beginning to think I should just buy a used Jeep Cherokee for 6k and be done with it.

·
Registered
2022 General XP Deluxe
121 Posts
And now I find out the dealership hasn't even been given their allotments yet.....

And price is based on today's MSRP. If it goes up before delivery, that will be the price....

Beginning to think I should just buy a used Jeep Cherokee for 6k and be done with it.
No way. The General is certainly a much more capable off road machine. Certainly not an opportune time to purchase one, but I don’t see the prices going lower anytime soon.

Reactions: Rough Company

·
Registered
104 Posts

It is based on ship date. Last price hike was on 4/1, and I picked my XP2 up that day. I wasn't hit with the increase because it shipped the week before.

I realize this is a small detail, and we have no control over when it ships. I was also told the next price increase will be on 7/1.

The good news is that it was about a month from when the dealer got their allotment until my machine came in. It may be different for an XP4, but it does seem that Polaris are getting more Generals out to dealerships (at least non-RC).

One last thing is that you may want to ask about your $500 deposit. I put the same down and was told it was non-refundable. This was because Polaris required the deposit.

I know how frustrating this all is, and I hope it works out for you.

·
Registered
2022 General XP
198 Posts
We ordered ours on February 5 2022 and was told it would be here about July. We got on March 27. I believe it was because ours didn’t have RC. My sales guy told me that he didn’t think that was the case. I believe he’s wrong, just watching who’s getting them. The price thing is so wrong the price should be what it was when ordered.

·
Registered
2021 General XP
55 Posts
New purchase tip...Have your dealer install any self purchased add ons for no charge and wrap it into the assembly charge.. mine put on the turn signals, horn, ryfab rear window, light bar, upgraded system 3 rims and carnivore tires, heater, door uppers, head liner and super atv skid plate for no additional charge. Mies Outland in MN !!

·
Registered
399 Posts
I couldn't get my dealer to install any accessories free of charge. They also did not offer any sort of discount on accessories purchased through them.

My machine is a deal that fell through for them so it was already assembled before I bought it.

It's an unfortunate time to buy. The buyer (unless they are willing to wait for an unknown period of time) is stuck buying from the place that has the machine they want. If you don't like their price, they couldn't care less. They'll just call the next guy.

I love to haggle and negotiate and that fun has largely been stripped away for me.

Prices went up 5% at the end of March for any vehicle delivered after that date. Doesn't matter if you reserved it a year ago. That too was a motivator for me to buy the one I did.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 70 Posts