Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Deer, quail, duck, and checking cattle mostly
We decided to duck hunt this past year in Arkansas they hunt in the rice paddies. They use the 4 person Rangers with dog boxes and gun racks.
This year when we went the water was high and those machines had no problem. The duck hunting was first class we limited out every day.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In Michigan Bear and Elk are on a drawing and if you do not get picked you can get preference points for future hunts with no guarantee of when you will be picket. Elk is for Michigan Resident only

·
1,563 Posts
how many bear seasons do have are any of your seasons by lottery
Spring and fall what they call road system hunt here on the island. Also lottery areas. You can take a bear every 5 years. No black bear here just brown. Interior bears are called grizzly. Same family just smaller. Lots of trophy bears taken here. We also have Rosevelt Elk which are on Afognak Island. Won't be driving the General there! Also Mt Goat and Sitka Black tail which are plentiful here.
You can fish King Salmon here yr round also.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In Michigan some bear hunters use dogs and some put out bait like jelly donuts and sit in a blind what is your method of Grizzly hunting.

·
Registered
162 Posts
yes,drew a spring bear tag in oregon and archery hunt deer and elk:grin2:pheasant,chuckar and quail hunt also,and spring turkey starts in a month.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Here in ND and right next to Montana, definetly Mule deer and whitetail. 4 more weeks and this General will be chasing spring turkeys!!!!!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Spring Turkey here in Colorado real soon. Hopefully get a good Tom this time. Other than that, archery elk and bear in September.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You guys out west have more big game it seems. We have gotten hit hard in a lot of areas with the Chronic Wasting disease and some TB they have been going into a lot of areas and just killing off all the deer and a lot of high fence hunting preserves have been shut down.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Yes I am ready for turkey. I would like to shoot one with my bow. I have not done that yet. I think my wife could do it she is a better shot.

I have arrowed a dozen or so in Iowa and Colorado. But I have shot gunned many more over the years.

Reactions: Trapper

·
Registered
223 Posts
You guys out west have more big game it seems. We have gotten hit hard in a lot of areas with the Chronic Wasting disease and some TB they have been going into a lot of areas and just killing off all the deer and a lot of high fence hunting preserves have been shut down.

We have CWD here as well. We also have the largest heard of Elk in North America.

Reactions: Trapper
1 - 20 of 95 Posts