Votes: 6 31.6%
  • No, we don't need no stinking warranty

Votes: 5 26.3%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm waiting my new 2017 General next week and I'll plan to buy a warranty other than the Polaris one because I don't trust them.
the general is what I need but all the problems they have I ll buy one.
I had a RZR S before and the tranny went down after 6 1/2 months and It was a recurrent problem on them but Polaris never admit it, so I had to pay for them mistakes. So wondering how many aftermarket compagny are selling Warranty in Canada?

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
I bought an RPM1 extended warranty for my 2009 RZR 800...wasn't worth the paper it was printed on!

For the General, I did buy the 5yr extended warranty. But I had already decided I will not make changes to the General that would void the warranty.

Just what I did,

Pirate

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How much is the 5 yrs warranty?

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
I have not got the extended warranty yet but plan on getting one before the factory is up!
got one with the Ranger and never needed it but will see most likely will spring for it mainly because the box of rocks between the front wheels. but then again JJ and A racing will be getting mine this winter! :grin2:

·
Registered
219 Posts
After having about 3 months of issues with my ranger 800 at the dealer and going through all that hassle and still not having anything covered by warranty I told the dealer(different dealer) nope I will not be buying the warranty. I laid down $2700 in cash to fix my ranger because warranty claimed it was my fault. I babied the heck out of that ranger. Fool me once shame on you..fool me twice shame on me.

·
Registered
151 Posts
After having about 3 months of issues with my ranger 800 at the dealer and going through all that hassle and still not having anything covered by warranty I told the dealer(different dealer) nope I will not be buying the warranty. I laid down $2700 in cash to fix my ranger because warranty claimed it was my fault. I babied the heck out of that ranger. Fool me once shame on you..fool me twice shame on me.
I purchased a 2 year warranty from Zurich. Dealer claims they are much better at replace and repair than the polaris warranty. Not sure if I did the right thing because I have read a lot of bad reviews from people that purchased Zurich for there cars so only time will tell. I figure anything after 2 years they are going to claim user wear and tear no matter what warranty you purchase so wont do much good after that anyway. And I figure as many miles as I put on a rig if it doesn't break within 2 years its probably gonna last as long as I need it to. :grin2:

·
Registered
219 Posts
I agree. I plan to put it through its paces for the first 6 months. If something serious is going to fail I'll probably figure it out within those 6 months. After that all bets are off and I'll be snorkeling, exhaust, reflashed ECU, clutching, 33's and tons of other warranty voiding mods so it won't do me any good to have extended warranty.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I got the extended 54 month warranty only because of all the work I had done to mine. Which will cover under the warranty the dealer said....which I hope to never use and if they'll actually hold their word up to that. Because most places won't cover all the work done even from the shop, but they said they will since it was done by them.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Might be a good idea to get a poll up on here since some people just want a quick take before buying in on the warranty, if 80 bought in and 15 didn't, you will likely follow the 80.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Got ,My -48- Month,Warranty through, Fix My Toys,it's the same Warranty, Polaris sells much cheaper,,easier.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Bought one for a 2012 4 seat 800 and has paid for itself 3 times over. Just bought a general and bought RPM! my dealer recommended. I know the service manager there and he guaranteed me that anything I need fixed in the next 5 years will be covered, even bearings

·
Registered
57 Posts
Bought it and almost paid for half of it already with just a fuel pump... Almost $400 just for the pump and then labor to replace it because the fuel gauge quit working and the sender is not available separately.

Reactions: Trapper

·
Registered
15 Posts
I got the 5 year one too. I usually play hard to get with warranties and they always lower the price. mine went from $2,700 to $2,100 Canadian Dollars even.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Has anyone looked at the AGWS (American Powersports) Extended Warranty? I have a quote for 4 years at $749, no deductible.
It looks as good as any other in terms of coverage.

It can be used at any repair shop that accepts this warranty.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts