Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2018 General 1000 4
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m currently dealing with a very hard to shift 2018 general 4. I was assuming Bearing on the primary was frozen but it spins freely. What I did find was a fair amount of backlash. Is this normal?

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
I highly recommend the Gilomen Innovations tune and clutch kit. Add the roller pucks for the secondary clutch while you’re at it as well. They are fairly cheap and will fix the shifting more than likely. Mine was hard to shift and the roller pucks cleared that issue up. Shifts perfectly now.

·
Registered
2020 General XP 1000 Deluxe/RC/Stage 4 RF
1,071 Posts
What is the fresh gouge on spider? It looks tight but it needs a cleaning first before you buy anything. When youre ready, if you only want about an hour of downtime....Id get the Dalton clutch kit/secondary rollers....then an AA tune on the PV3 tuner.

·
Premium Member
2016 Polaris General Deluxe, 10% OEM
4,713 Posts
For even less downtime...send your ECU to Gilomen Innovations, have the full program installed. Plug and play, probably 10 minutes. Gilomen tries very hard for one day turnaround.
See what that does for you and then start in on clutches if you want. I use DuraClutch kit. No complaints at all. Customer Service is great, have never ruined a belt.

It's everyone's choice this forum is a great place to read up on what others have done, how it works for them and problems they've encountered
Pirate

·
Registered
2020XP4
2,017 Posts
For even less downtime...send your ECU to Gilomen Innovations, have the full program installed. Plug and play, probably 10 minutes.
Pirate, you have to remove and send the ECU in. How could that possibly be less downtime? When I bought my Aftermarket Assassin's tune and Power Vision tuner, I did not have to remove anything from the machine, except the hood. Plug into the diagnostic port. Follow the on screen instructions. It downloads your stock tune (ten minutes) then your upload the tune provided by Aftermarket Assassins. At most 20 minutes and your riding. I'm not being a Richard here, how can you drive a machine when the ECU is in transit? You have at minimum 2 days down without an ECU sending it to Gilloman. Plus you're at the mercy of these horrible shipping companies.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Pirate, you have to remove and send the ECU in. How could that possibly be less downtime? When I bought my Aftermarket Assassin's tune and Power Vision tuner, I did not have to remove anything from the machine, except the hood. Plug into the diagnostic port. Follow the on screen instructions. It downloads your stock tune (ten minutes) then your upload the tune provided by Aftermarket Assassins. At most 20 minutes and your riding. I'm not being a Richard here, how can you drive a machine when the ECU is in transit? You have at minimum 2 days down without an ECU sending it to Gilloman. Plus you're at the mercy of these horrible shipping companies.
The AA option is also probably better for thise with extended warranties. I assume you could flash a macine back to the factory tune prior to taking it in for work.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020XP4
2,017 Posts
The AA option is also probably better for thise with extended warranties. I assume you could flash a macine back to the factory tune prior to taking it in for work.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
Yep. Then if you decide you want an exhaust, AA can email you a new tune for that (for a fee). Then you can upload that new tune to the machine. They also offer a "winter" tune for guys with heaters. You can switch to the winter tune and have better heat. And the best part is, you never send your ECU anywhere. You are never without your machine waiting on shipping.

·
Registered
2022 general XP on the way
940 Posts
Yep. Then if you decide you want an exhaust, AA can email you a new tune for that (for a fee).
They charge for that? Seems like that should be part of the original price...

FYI if you have a gilomen tune, no need to re-tune for an exhaust change per gilomen. There's comes setup to run either way...

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts