Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 20 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was at my local Polaris dealer today to check out a 2016 RZR1000XP.
While there they received their first General Deluxe. After it was off loaded from the trailer I had no doubt this was my new side by side. I bought it. Pictures are of it still prep for shipping, driver door & seat was not installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great looking machine, let us how it compares to anything else you have owned.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Congrats and can't wait to see it after everything has been installed. Did you get any additional accessories for your Polaris General?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I purchased it a hour before the dealership closed on Saturday. The service dept had no idea on how to assemble it, they were watching a factory video on their computer to learn it.
Dealerships are closed on Monday so I'll pick it up Tuesday afternoon, hopefully.

Attachments

·
Registered
348 Posts
Which dealer in Tulsa did you buy it from.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I believe I was there when you picked it up yesterday. I found and bought the blue one yesterday at Motor sports in Muskogee. I love mine so far. I had a little problem with doors shutting and opening correctly. But there are adjustments, if you are having the same promble.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I believe I was there when you picked it up yesterday. I found and bought the blue one yesterday at Motor sports in Muskogee. I love mine so far. I had a little problem with doors shutting and opening correctly. But there are adjustments, if you are having the same promble.
congrats and welcome to you too!!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Thanks all. I have drove a RZR 1000 and a 2008 ranger 700. And it is by far superior over the ranger. But it is a little more so ruff then the RZR
1000. I would compare it to an 800s or maybe even the RZR 900 xp.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I can not figure out how to post pictures on my iPhone. And my internet at home is down other wise I would post more pics.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Reference driver door not closing correctly.
I looked at a general deluxe at another dealership before purchasing mine and the driver door did not catch when closed. When I picked up my general the first thing I checked was the driver door, when I closed the driver door it did not catch (lock) correctly. When my general arrived off the truck I saw the driver door, driver seat and roll cage were not installed. These items were stowed inside the general.
The passenger door was installed at the factory. I was told when Polaris ships them that there is no room in the trailer for the driver to open the door and climb in, that's why the door and seat are not installed. I don't know what I was told is true but it sounds about right.
Getting back to driver door not catching. When I showed it to the dealer the service guy took it back into the bay and discovered the problem was not with adjusting the mounting bolts or an alignment problem. He said the linkage inside the door panel fell out of place because the way the door was stowed in the vehicle. He said the door latch when open from the outside of vehicle would not returned to the catch position when you released the door handle. The catch mechanism remained in the open position. Slamming the door hard several times tripped the catch back to the closed position. After taking the door panel off and reconnecting the linkage the door locks when closed.
Picture of my general after unloaded from truck, shows driver door, driver seat and roll cage stowed in back of general.

Attachments

·
Registered
348 Posts
I believe Believe that is the same way mine came. Try and pull up on the door and close it and see if that helps. My passenger do was rubbing on the body, right beside the passengers seat. And the driver door latch peace was not hitting on the mettle loop on the bike right. Where the door hinges on the bike. There are rectangle panels that come off and behind the panels are the bolts that hold the door on. The bolts have enough play to make the doors close and open right.

·
Registered
348 Posts
juat an FYI to charger500 and any owners of a general, I would be very cautious about riding on gravel roads at high speeds. While on its maiden voyage ride this weekend I knocked a hole it my radiator. And $400.00 later I have one on order.

1 - 20 of 208 Posts