Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of those of you who have a Deluxe...... What do your springs look like with no load on them? My primary spring is fully collapsed before I even sit in it..... And it's like this with only 1/2" of preload..... Was almost all the way down at 0" of preload.

Reactions: Trapper

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's a pic

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
i could be completely wrong but i think they are for rebound, like if you jumped they would decompress then on your way down help out with the landing, but mine on my general were like that and on my 900xp, i dont have them on my general anymore

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a dual rate system and the top spring is the primary spring..... It has a lesser spring rate that the lower spring. It's supposed to handle all the light to medium spring needs and when you bottom it out the heavier spring goes to work. You right about that from when you jump..... But it's not for just when you jump. I guess I just got a weaker set of springs.

·
Registered
51 Posts
idk but like i said every bike i have owned that had two the top was always crushed same as on my buddies 900s, and the s3 3" lift you take it out

·
Registered
291 Posts
There's nothing wrong with your springs! All of General's are the same The factory setup is not a true duel rate. It's there to aid with the compression of the shock after it's been fully extended

1 - 6 of 6 Posts